preparing for PPP

Site Zoning Vignette and Multiple Choice

preparing for PPP

Postby dbayrami » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:02 pm

my test is Friday, and i'm getting rather nervous. this will be my second try at PPP, and i do not feel confident at all. The vignette is cake, its the mc that gets me. i've read kaplan and ballast (for both PPP and CDS) and read over AIA A201 and B101, and ive been using black spectacles and ARE Prep.

any advice for some last minute cramming this week? thanks
dbayrami

Re: preparing for PPP

Postby VTBassdrum13 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:21 pm

I'm in the same boat as you. I have my third try Saturday but it's been a year tackling the rest of the exams before coming back to this one.

Definitely don't neglect the vignette. I thought the same thing on my second try and got the mysterious level 3 which seems to happen to a lot of people on this forum. NCARB always trys to trip you up with the wording on this one, so definitely practice and read Bed Rudger's tips. Be methodical and I would suggest using all the time to check, recheck, and recheck to be sure everything is perfect. It's tough to sit there after a long exam but I really kicked myself for not catching my fatal error last time.

For MC your list of study materials seems similar to mine so I hope we are both on the right track! I've seen people suggest the C401, so I plan to skim that. Also I'm going to hit some items I still feel shaky on in Professional Practice by Paul Segal (had it on the bookshelf from college). I also find Caroline's notes to be a great cram tool to hit all the big ticket items in a short amount of time.

Good luck!
VTBassdrum13

Postby dbayrami » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:43 pm

VTBassdrum13, thank you! I've been super busy so I'm just getting around to replying today. PPP round 2 was a bust for me. Vignette was fine. MC was worse than the first time I tested.

How'd you do?
dbayrami

Postby VTBassdrum13 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:50 am

dbayrami wrote:PPP round 2 was a bust for me. Vignette was fine. MC was worse than the first time I tested.

How'd you do?

I was able to squeak out the Pass. I definitely felt 50/50 coming out the exam. I saw your other post and looks like you've passed SD, SPD, BDCS & BS. I found that PPP's heaviest overlap was with CDS. I would go for that one next. Knowing those contracts/project delivery are a huge help on nearly all the exams but definitely necessary on PPP. It took me three attempts on PPP as well, so I know how frustrating it can be after studying even more. My MC was worse my second time as well. Once you get CDS under your belt I'm confident the PPP MC will become 'easier' for you.
VTBassdrum13

Postby dbayrami » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:06 am

VTBassdrum13 wrote:
dbayrami wrote:PPP round 2 was a bust for me. Vignette was fine. MC was worse than the first time I tested.

How'd you do?

I was able to squeak out the Pass. I definitely felt 50/50 coming out the exam. I saw your other post and looks like you've passed SD, SPD, BDCS & BS. I found that PPP's heaviest overlap was with CDS. I would go for that one next. Knowing those contracts/project delivery are a huge help on nearly all the exams but definitely necessary on PPP. It took me three attempts on PPP as well, so I know how frustrating it can be after studying even more. My MC was worse my second time as well. Once you get CDS under your belt I'm confident the PPP MC will become 'easier' for you.

Great news! congrats on the pass! SS is up next, then CDS. I'll schedule PPP again after getting CDS out of the way. Hopefully I dont lose focus while studying. how many do you have left?
dbayrami

Postby VTBassdrum13 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:43 am

dbayrami wrote:how many do you have left?

Good luck on SS! I definitely recommend the Thaddeus online seminar.

PPP was my last one! Two long years...just waiting on NCARB & State processing now.
VTBassdrum13

Postby dbayrami » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:19 am

VTBassdrum13 wrote:

PPP was my last one! Two long years...just waiting on NCARB & State processing now.

lol, thanks! i just took his face-to-face lecture last weekend, great guy and class. CONGRATULATIONS! that's such an accomplishment, I hope you're celebrating. my journey just spilled over the two year mark in September and that June deadline is really weighing on me now.
dbayrami

Postby wws341234 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:53 pm

dbayrami wrote:
VTBassdrum13 wrote:

lol, thanks! i just took his face-to-face lecture last weekend, great guy and class. CONGRATULATIONS! that's such an accomplishment, I hope you're celebrating. my journey just spilled over the two year mark in September and that June deadline is really weighing on me now.

Yes the pressure is on!
wws341234

Return to PPP - PROGRAMMING, PLANNING & PRACTICE