PASS!

Site Zoning Vignette and Multiple Choice

PASS!

Postby Get on it » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:14 am

Hi Everyone, I just took PPP last Friday and received my results this morning.(exactly 1 week wait).

This test I studied randomly for a couple months then took a break and them spent about a month of more concentrated studying.

I always tend to read through Kaplan and/or Ballast and then just review through the information via the guides published below. I have 10 years in the field which definitely helps out with general info. I walked out thinking I passed. Test was long but not too hard. Make sure to keep calm and read through everything carefully so you don't get caught up on the wording. I really find the cross out tool helpful to eliminate down the potential answers on the test.

-Jennys notes
-Carolines notes
-Emilys notes on AHPP
-Review Historical preservation concepts
-Browse through seismic design for buildings
-Some Arch History but it was very specific
-Definitely know your Project Delivery types and review over your A101/B101 contracts in general.

Vignette-The 4.0 example ended up being all the info I needed to pass this one most likely. I would recommend the following just to get comfortable with the thought process. Also practice the program because as always its a learning curve to use.
-Watch the video on Vimeo
-Read the PDF by Rudgers
-Practice with the software
After these if you feel comfortable you should be good to go.

In all I felt that this test wasn't any harder than the CD and SPD tests I took previously. I studied for about 3 hours a week for a month or so and crammed in the end for about 2 hours a day for the week leading up.

Hope that helps

Good Luck everyone!

Now on to 5.0.
Get on it

Re: PASS!

Postby Raja » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:13 pm

Congrats!!!! I used similar methods and time for studying. Passed and took CDs, I'm up for PPP on Tuesday, fingers crossed I pass so I can go on and complete the triad with SPD next...
Raja

Return to PPP - PROGRAMMING, PLANNING & PRACTICE