PPP Vignette east lot height restriction

Site Zoning Vignette and Multiple Choice

PPP Vignette east lot height restriction

Postby WPTARE » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:06 pm

1- Is it fatal to draw the buildable area by a couple of clicks (tolerance) outside of the surface improvement area? I know the software isn't accurate and there are tolerances but what if the buildable area is outside of the surface area by a tiny bit?
2- how would you draw a building envelope on the east lot if there is a maximum height limit of, say 60' within 20'-40' (not 0-40') west of the east property line/benchmark?

thanks.
WPTARE

Re: PPP Vignette east lot height restriction

Postby Coach » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:19 pm

WPTARE wrote:1- Is it fatal to draw the buildable area by a couple of clicks (tolerance) outside of the surface improvement area? I know the software isn't accurate and there are tolerances but what if the buildable area is outside of the surface area by a tiny bit?

Do not encroach.

2- how would you draw a building envelope on the east lot if there is a maximum height limit of, say 60' within 20'-40' (not 0-40') west of the east property line/benchmark?

That would be a completely nonsensical requirement.
Coach
Site Admin

Postby WPTARE » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:11 am

Coach wrote:
WPTARE wrote:1- Is it fatal to draw the buildable area by a couple of clicks (tolerance) outside of the surface improvement area? I know the software isn't accurate and there are tolerances but what if the buildable area is outside of the surface area by a tiny bit?

Do not encroach.

That would be a completely nonsensical requirement.

Regarding #2, I may have seen practice questions like that. How would you draw it if there is a height restriction that doesn't start from the right lot benchmark/properlty line? Something like from 20'-40' west of the property line for example.
WPTARE

Postby Coach » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:10 pm

Are you suggesting a code that results in a bldg that can be tall, then it must dip, then tall again as you go deeper into the property? If, as I said, nonsensical.
But if you see something like that, draw what it tells you.
Coach
Site Admin

Return to PPP - PROGRAMMING, PLANNING & PRACTICE