Online Study Courses?

Site Zoning Vignette and Multiple Choice

Online Study Courses?

Postby wws341234 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:49 pm

Hi,

So I've been on this PPP for quite some time now since last year. Recently I took a break and had just return from my family vacation, (my wife and kid can only take so much of my study sessions everyday). Now that I"m back i want to try another study approach, and perhaps try out some of the online study courses.

I've heard a few names bounced around on the forum but i'm not really sure which i should put my money on.
Black Spectacles
Architect Exam Prep
Prepare Inc.

Any suggestions or feedback on the above is greatly appreciated!
wws341234

Re: Online Study Courses?

Postby Joz » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:55 am

There's also ARE Boot Camp

Haven't used it myself, but he talks a good game. No idea what the pass rates are like tho.
Joz

Postby dbayrami » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:05 pm

Architect Exam Prep has always been pretty solid for me, but im not sure it is helping with this exam. im on my second go now. Black Spectacles is good, easy to listen to. im not sure it is so sustainable though, i think it was 100 for the one month which can get expensive. i wasnt going to lay out the 800 or what ever the yearly offer was. i wish the amber book guy had a seminar for ppp!

theres the Schiff Harden lectures as well. i've listened to them a few times, but i feel like to get the full values of these im going to have to treat it like a class and actually sit and listen, rather than try to absorb while at work.

im checking into this ARE Boot Camp now. this is the first im hearing of it! Thanks!
dbayrami

Postby e_lindeman » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:05 pm

I will second that Architect Exam Prep! They got my money...
It seems to cover a lot of bases and I like reading along with the study guide while hearing the audio.
e_lindeman

Postby corbismyhomeboy » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:17 pm

I used Black Spectacles for 5 of my exams. If you're interested in it, check out the few free ones their website and youtube. You can get a feel for their style. Also the $99/month is very encouraging to finish promptly. ;)
corbismyhomeboy

Postby wws341234 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:41 pm

dbayrami wrote:Architect Exam Prep has always been pretty solid for me, but im not sure it is helping with this exam. im on my second go now. Black Spectacles is good, easy to listen to. im not sure it is so sustainable though, i think it was 100 for the one month which can get expensive. i wasnt going to lay out the 800 or what ever the yearly offer was. i wish the amber book guy had a seminar for ppp!

theres the Schiff Harden lectures as well. i've listened to them a few times, but i feel like to get the full values of these im going to have to treat it like a class and actually sit and listen, rather than try to absorb while at work.

im checking into this ARE Boot Camp now. this is the first im hearing of it! Thanks!

I've had some Podcasts from Architect Exam Prep for another division (BS), but to me it felt too general with the radio talk show style and it wasn't cutting it for me.
Schiff Harden lectures are great and i still listen to them, but they don't cover enough for PPP.

I'm leaning towards Black Spectacles now only becuase i've seen their Youtube vids and they seem to have a more lecture structure, which is what i need.
wws341234

Postby dbayrami » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:26 am

wws341234 wrote:
dbayrami wrote:Architect Exam Prep has always been pretty solid for me, but im not sure it is helping with this exam. im on my second go now. Black Spectacles is good, easy to listen to. im not sure it is so sustainable though, i think it was 100 for the one month which can get expensive. i wasnt going to lay out the 800 or what ever the yearly offer was. i wish the amber book guy had a seminar for ppp!

I've had some Podcasts from Architect Exam Prep for another division (BS), but to me it felt too general with the radio talk show style and it wasn't cutting it for me.
Schiff Harden lectures are great and i still listen to them, but they don't cover enough for PPP.

I'm leaning towards Black Spectacles now only becuase i've seen their Youtube vids and they seem to have a more lecture structure, which is what i need.

well for BS i used the amber book. i really like AREPrep because of their OMCES. i've never listened to the podcasts. the black spectacles lectures are really great, but i havent had the chance to sit down and take notes from them yet. which i feel would be more beneficial than just listening to them.
dbayrami

Postby Ruby » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:36 am

I've taken the ARE Bootcamp twice, once for CDS and now for PPP. He maintains his pass rates aren't any better than the average, since it's still up to YOU to do the work. And it's very motivational! I would highly, highly, highly recommend doing it! You get your money's worth. And I found out about all kinds of resources I had no idea existed before I joined the Bootcamp. I also downloaded AEP, but used it as an intro to PPP. I felt like maybe Ballast and Kaplan would dig deeper into topics than AEP seemed to. And I also tried out Black Spectacles for the first time! I've been enjoying their podcasts, so I decided to give their course a whirl too. I like to use it when I just can't read one more word. I also listen to it at 1.5x speed. If you like podcasts, you'll like Black Spectacles. Of all the resources mentioned, I would definitely suggest the ARE Bootcamp though! Just something about it is super motivating, especially if you're just getting back into the swing of things, or you're just starting out.
Ruby

Postby wws341234 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:51 pm

ok i've put down my money to give Black Spectacles a shot. Seems like a lot of content available and i got the premium 1-month plan, so the MC mock up is included. Hopefully this will help me get across the line!
wws341234

Postby dbayrami » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:13 am

wws341234 wrote:ok i've put down my money to give Black Spectacles a shot. Seems like a lot of content available and i got the premium 1-month plan, so the MC mock up is included. Hopefully this will help me get across the line!

Thats what i liked about them. any practice test is going to be worth it. different questions you don't subconsciously know "the third one is right" are always good.
dbayrami

Postby mermann » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:37 pm

I do now have a seminar for PPP!
mermann

Postby dbayrami » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:51 am

I do now have a seminar for PPP!

Omg, are you the Amber Book guy? I'm a huge fan!

I saw the ppp/cds seminar, I'm very much looking forward to it. I'm awaiting results for my cds exam, but ppp is tentatively scheduled for March 2.
dbayrami

Postby Anob » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:32 am

What's your study style?
Anob

Postby mermann » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:24 pm

I AM the Amber Book guy. . . and you made my day! Happy holidays and good luck on the exam.
mermann

Postby dbayrami » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:36 pm

mermann wrote:I AM the Amber Book guy. . . and you made my day! Happy holidays and good luck on the exam.

Thank YOU! Happy holidays :)
dbayrami

Return to PPP - PROGRAMMING, PLANNING & PRACTICE