PPP Site Zoning Vignette

Site Zoning Vignette and Multiple Choice

PPP Site Zoning Vignette

Postby aree2015 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:06 pm

Taking PPP in a week. Here's my attempt at the site zoning vignette. I have 3 questions -
1) When I draw the building profile it is snapping to the points either above or below the 30 degree angled line. I guess it is fine if it is below the angled line.
2) The building area and secondary construction area snap at different points along the special setback. Is that okay? my sketch circle is 25'-0" which is the setback per the program. I believe the tolerance for this vignette is 1'-0". Is that correct.
3) A 30 degree angle rising westward (in the opposite direction) from the east property line will be 150 degrees per the NCARB practice software correct?
Please review and let me know if you have any other comments. Thanks in advance!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
aree2015

Re: PPP Site Zoning Vignette

Postby procast » Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:51 pm

I am giving my test on Friday. So I am by no means an expert..that said,

1. Yes. That is what I read as well on this forum
2. Same with me. I cannot get it to snap at the same location so the secondary construction area is slightly offset in certain areas from the building line
3. I asked the same question on the forum. I am hoping against hope that I do not get an angle rising westward from the east PL..esp if I do not hear back from anyone else.

Your vignette looks exactly like mine. Except for the West setback..for the building construction. Yours looks like its 5 instead of 10.
procast

Postby aree2015 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:29 pm

Thanks Procast, yes you are correct, I missed the 10' setback for the building. Thank you! For the multiple choice study materials what all are you studying. I have gone through Kaplan, Ballast, Gang Chen mock exam, defensible space, etc. Still need to go over the B101 and A201. Any other suggested last week reading. I will be taking designer hacks practice tests.
aree2015

Postby procast » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:39 pm

I am only studying Kaplan. I will give the Kaplan and Ballast mock test. I listen to the audio version of ARE EXAM Prep while driving to work. Thats it!
procast

Postby Yakety_Yak » Wed May 09, 2018 5:36 pm

AREE,
How many alternates did you practice? I am still trying to find the programs for them but have been unsuccessful.

Please help.

Yak
Yakety_Yak

Return to PPP - PROGRAMMING, PLANNING & PRACTICE