Vignette question (Kaplan Practice Vignette 2009)

Site Zoning Vignette and Multiple Choice

Vignette question (Kaplan Practice Vignette 2009)

Postby hhallancia » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:26 am

Hello,
Please take a look at the attached. I have tried to figure out what im doing wrong on the grid portion (please disregard the plan section). The solution im showing conforms to my understanding of the program but theres a discrepancy in the bldg height on lot B. :(
Any help will be appreciated!
Last edited by Coach on Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Copyrighted material deleted
hhallancia

Re: Vignette question (Kaplan Practice Vignette 2009)

Postby Anob » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:13 am

From looking at the program and your solution I can could where you made a mistake.

"The maximum building height shall be 40 feet above the benchmark elevation at each respective property line." This is a very tricky word inserted in the program. Some lots have zero setbacks in which the zoning dept. will include a height restriction at the property line. If there was a zero setback at any property line the max height of the building at the property line would be 40' above the benchmark. Since the plan has setbacks this restriction is basically disregarded.

You shake take at verbiage on other programs. Hope this helps.
Anob

Re: Vignette question (Kaplan Practice Vignette 2009)

Postby hhallancia » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:29 pm

Anob thanks for taking the time to look it over.
I'm still not getting it.
the program solution states that "the building may go up to the maximum height limit allowed, in this case 40 feet from the benchmark at each property line".
to me, this means that on the West property line benchmark noted as 95 feet on the plan, the max bldg height would be 135 feet right?
And from the East property line benchmark noted as 120 feet, the max bldg height on that lot would be 40 feet above that, so 160 feet.

from the program statement, "the max. bldg ht. shall be 40 feet above the benchmark elevation at each respective property line", I deduce that I should be using both benchmarks given on the plan.

How weird :? :? :?
anyone else? Coach?
hhallancia

Return to PPP - PROGRAMMING, PLANNING & PRACTICE