PPP-Failure

Site Zoning Vignette and Multiple Choice

PPP-Failure

Postby jodeslee » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:10 am

Hello,

I have failed the PPP division 3 times already. I have passed the CDS and SPD, so at least I got that going for me.

I have studied:
Ballast
Kaplan
Architect Exam Prep (the one with the audio book)
Caroline and Jenny notes

I emphasized most of my time using Architect Exam Prep/Kaplan/Caroline's Notes. As well as flashcards and the questions in Kaplan/Ballast

I jumped around between each divisions for this exam because I remembered PPP has a larger umbrella of content.

I took 2017 to take all the exams/get a fresh start, so I felt like I was pretty prepared for the content? But the questions I got felt like they came out of left field.

Does anyone have any recommendations on what I could do better? Your insight will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
jodeslee

Re: PPP-Failure

Postby thd7t » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:36 am

Have you read Problem Seeking? It is free online and was really useful to me. Also, I found (through this forum) a good set of videos where Andreas Duany talks about Urbanism. It's pretty well related to the exam materials. Otherwise, I studied most of what you did and focused on quizzes/questions and it worked well for me.

Any issues with the vignettes or just MC?
thd7t

Postby jodeslee » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:29 pm

I have not. I will. Thank you for this insight.

It has just been the Multiple Choice Part. :/
jodeslee

Postby greek22 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:29 am

jodeslee wrote:
I have failed the PPP division 3 times already. I have passed the CDS and SPD, so at least I got that going for me.

Jodeslee, I'm on the same boat as you are. I have passed CDS & SPD and PPP is the only thing standing in my way from transitioning to 5.0. Since I failed three times in a year, I can't test until November. I shared my experience here:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=50099

There was some positive feedback in this thread, if you haven't seen it already. I feel your pain, truly!
greek22

Return to PPP - PROGRAMMING, PLANNING & PRACTICE