4.0 Vignette Tolerances

Site Zoning Vignette and Multiple Choice

4.0 Vignette Tolerances

Postby cmsladky » Sun May 21, 2017 1:46 pm

I have noticed quite a few posts questioning the tolerances involved with this vignette. I am hoping with this topic that majority, if not all, of these tolerances can be answered.

The first tolerance question I have is in regards to the section showing the grade line and the building sections. During my trial runs, I noticed that the grade level of the building profile polyline will either be placed above, or below the grade line, it does not fall nicely on the actual grade line. My assumption is to place the beginning and ending points just below the grade line instead of above the grade line. Is this a correct assumption?

The second tolerance in which I am curious about is in regards to the 25' zone along the high water line. When laying out an abundance of circles with a radius of 25' and lacing them along the high water line to display our proper clearance, how tight must the building area line be to this building line that we created? It's too hard to zoom in on practice vignettes that are posted here to see what other people did. I am assuming that the building line does not need to follow this clearance line perfectly, and there is a little bit of nudge room that as long as we remain outside of this 25' area by a tick or two in the program, it will be correct. Can someone please either confirm or deny this assumption?

The third tolerance in which I have been searching for a solid answer for is the 30 degree angle line. I have personally noticed that it is virtually impossible to get the building profile line to overlap this 30 degree line, similar to the grade question I posed about not being able to get those two points exactly on the grade line. My assumption in this scenario is to keep our building profile line just below said 30 degree line but within a tick or two in the program. Can someone please either confirm or deny this as well?

Thank you all in advance for reading this post and hopefully we can have some good answers.
cmsladky

Re: 4.0 Vignette Tolerances

Postby Coach » Mon May 22, 2017 3:02 pm

cmsladky wrote:The first tolerance question I have is in regards to the section showing the grade line and the building sections. During my trial runs, I noticed that the grade level of the building profile polyline will either be placed above, or below the grade line, it does not fall nicely on the actual grade line. My assumption is to place the beginning and ending points just below the grade line instead of above the grade line. Is this a correct assumption?

Go to the nearest snap.

The second tolerance in which I am curious about is in regards to the 25' zone along the high water line. When laying out an abundance of circles with a radius of 25' and lacing them along the high water line to display our proper clearance, how tight must the building area line be to this building line that we created?

Work to the nearest snap beyond the min.

It's too hard to zoom in on practice vignettes that are posted here to see what other people did.

It's not hard. For jpgs, right click, open in new tab, ctrl-scroll.

The third tolerance in which I have been searching for a solid answer for is the 30 degree angle line. I have personally noticed that it is virtually impossible to get the building profile line to overlap this 30 degree line, similar to the grade question I posed about not being able to get those two points exactly on the grade line. My assumption in this scenario is to keep our building profile line just below said 30 degree line but within a tick or two in the program. Can someone please either confirm or deny this as well?

Correct. Do not cross the line.
Coach
Site Admin

Re: 4.0 Vignette Tolerances

Postby cmsladky » Mon May 22, 2017 4:40 pm

Thank you for the responses, Coach, they are much appreciated! In regards to the zooming feature of the JPEG files, I should have re-phrased that and said that the zoom feature distorts the resolution of the image where it is not clear enough to depict where most people have been terminating said lines.
cmsladky

Return to PPP - PROGRAMMING, PLANNING & PRACTICE