PPP Vignette Section and Program Notetaking

Site Zoning Vignette and Multiple Choice

PPP Vignette Section and Program Notetaking

Postby toddsmith56 » Sun May 14, 2017 4:24 pm

Hello ARE Coach Forum Team,

I have completed a section and notes of the PPP practice problem. I have several questions below:

1) The building profile line, how do I terminate it? At the grade line, or one click underneath?
2) What is the best way to approach an inaccurate circle? Say if the program asks for 25' from the high water line, and the circle snaps to 24'-10" or 25'-1", which is the best approach? Draw along the 24'-10" or the higher number? I know that the program allows for a 10% tolerance, but sometimes I just need to make sure that I am leaning in the right approach.
3) I have devised a note page from my understanding of the program and added check boxes next to each item. Separated it by the 4 tasks, the lots (A&B) and so forth, if you have any suggestions to make it better, I am all ears.

Please let me know if you have any comments, I would appreciate it.

You can also email me directly at toddsmith56@gmail.com.

Thanks!

TWS
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
toddsmith56

Re: PPP Vignette Section and Program Notetaking

Postby toddsmith56 » Sun May 14, 2017 4:34 pm

I also have a 4th question, when I am finished and need to make sure that all my tasks are complete in the software, where do I do to ensure that? I know that there is a button that is used for that verification. Thanks!
toddsmith56

Postby vrcat25 » Sun May 14, 2017 4:38 pm

toddsmith56 wrote:Hello ARE Coach Forum Team,

I have completed a section and notes of the PPP practice problem. I have several questions below:

1) The building profile line, how do I terminate it? At the grade line, or one click underneath? 1 click under is fine
2) What is the best way to approach an inaccurate circle? Say if the program asks for 25' from the high water line, and the circle snaps to 24'-10" or 25'-1", which is the best approach? Draw along the 24'-10" or the higher number? I know that the program allows for a 10% tolerance, but sometimes I just need to make sure that I am leaning in the right approach.the tolerance should be over or under, but if you're worried about it being over, use 24'10"...
3) I have devised a note page from my understanding of the program and added check boxes next to each item. Separated it by the 4 tasks, the lots (A&B) and so forth, if you have any suggestions to make it better, I am all ears.Nothing to add here...your notes look pretty standard...I take it you have watched the Vimeo video and studied Ben Rudgers pdf.

Thanks!

Overall, looks good. I'd suggest trying some alt vignette's and prepare yourself for other scenarios.

TWS
vrcat25

Postby vrcat25 » Sun May 14, 2017 4:40 pm

toddsmith56 wrote:I also have a 4th question, when I am finished and need to make sure that all my tasks are complete in the software, where do I do to ensure that? I know that there is a button that is used for that verification. Thanks!

Simply close/exit the program. it saves your work so you don't have to do anything extra.
vrcat25

Postby chrisschumm » Mon May 15, 2017 7:00 am

toddsmith56 wrote:Hello ARE Coach Forum Team,

1) The building profile line, how do I terminate it? At the grade line, or one click underneath?
2) What is the best way to approach an inaccurate circle? Say if the program asks for 25' from the high water line, and the circle snaps to 24'-10" or 25'-1", which is the best approach? Draw along the 24'-10" or the higher number? I know that the program allows for a 10% tolerance, but sometimes I just need to make sure that I am leaning in the right approach.
3) I have devised a note page from my understanding of the program and added check boxes next to each item. Separated it by the 4 tasks, the lots (A&B) and so forth, if you have any suggestions to make it better, I am all ears.

Thanks!

TWS

Not sure if this is helpful for you, but it sure helped me (i think, haven't gotten my results back)
https://vimeo.com/50457422 - I took my notes just like this guy did - Cheers'
chrisschumm

Postby lblaszka » Mon May 15, 2017 2:11 pm

@toddsmith56, one thing I wanted to share with you with regard to note taking -- I use a very similar system, but evolved mine into a matrix laundry list of sorts. It's a bit more visual, and helps me keep the SI/BC component requirements organized better in my brain :) Happy Vignette-ing!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by lblaszka on Mon May 15, 2017 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lblaszka

Postby toddsmith56 » Mon May 15, 2017 2:42 pm

Thank you everyone for the help, I will review the notes and work on some alternate scenarios on AEP as well.

I appreciate it! Please let me know if you need any help with something, I would be glad to assist.
toddsmith56

Postby danieljahn » Mon May 15, 2017 6:53 pm

Does anyone know where i can find PPP Vignette alternate problems?
danieljahn

Postby lblaszka » Mon May 15, 2017 7:21 pm

My office had purchased the Dorf problem books, etc so I practiced w those. But I know There's a Dropbox link floating around somewhere. Maybe on here somewhere? It's purchased material, so I think there's been a crackdown on sharing. But if you google ** PPP Alt Vignette Dropbox *** ...you'll probably come into the files
lblaszka

Return to PPP - PROGRAMMING, PLANNING & PRACTICE