Interpolation at Grade Section

Site Zoning Vignette and Multiple Choice

Interpolation at Grade Section

Postby archchuck1 » Sat May 06, 2017 7:54 pm

(First) Does one interpolate swales or ridges if they have swales or ridges at the grade at the Section Cut....as this Ballast Practice Vignette does....or would one just draw the grade flat?

(Second) If the Vignette contains a Water feature at the Section Cut, and the contour information stops at the water feature yet there is still 25’ (or so) to the property line does one stop the grade line before the Property line or does one interpolate the grade from the water line to the property line?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
archchuck1

Re: Interpolation at Grade Section

Postby vrcat25 » Tue May 09, 2017 9:49 am

archchuck1 wrote:(First) Does one interpolate swales or ridges if they have swales or ridges at the grade at the Section Cut....as this Ballast Practice Vignette does....or would one just draw the grade flat?

(Second) If the Vignette contains a Water feature at the Section Cut, and the contour information stops at the water feature yet there is still 25’ (or so) to the property line does one stop the grade line before the Property line or does one interpolate the grade from the water line to the property line?

For #1, i'm not sure what you mean by interpolate swales are ridges. You simply reflect the grade on your section line as you did for swale at 125' and 130'....that lQQks correct to me

For #2, it is VERY unlikely you will run into this situation where a section line cuts thru a water feature. Since the grade would be below the water line it would be incorrect to continue the grade line at 20' so there would be missing information for that vignette unless it says in the program. I'm not familiar with that vignette, but i would say that you're really wasting your time with that one. I'm sorry, but i don't have enough information to tell you, but i would think you would need to continue the grade line.

I dug around and found the solution and as expected, the grade line would continue to property line at 20'....Must be a pretty shallow lake or more likely a bad question by Dorf. It does appear that your grade is incorrect in a couple of other locations too. Even though the lake at section is not likely to come up, i'd redo that just so you can get it correct.
vrcat25

Re: Interpolation at Grade Section

Postby archchuck1 » Tue May 09, 2017 11:30 am

Thank you @vrcat25 for taking time out to respond, it is greatly appreciated! I understand. Thanks Again.
archchuck1

Return to PPP - PROGRAMMING, PLANNING & PRACTICE