Vignette Question - testing tomorrow!!

Site Zoning Vignette and Multiple Choice

Vignette Question - testing tomorrow!!

Postby kganglin » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:07 pm

I have a practice problem where part of the zoning requirements was worded:
1. "Construction of buildings is prohibited within 20 ft of the bicycle lane (or whatever that feature to avoid is)."
2. "Construction of buildings is prohibited within the existing drainage easement."

Other sample problems I've seen, even the NCARB example on the study guide, has different wording:
1. "Construction of buildings and other surface improvements is prohibited within 25 ft of the bicycle lane (or whatever tha feature to avoid is)."
2. "Construction of buildings is prohibited within the existing drainage easement."

Note that in Item 1 of the first example, it just states that only the construction of buildings is prohibited within 20'......The other problems say "construction of buildings AND other surface improvements are also prohibited"

My question is, if the problem states only the "construction of buildings is prohibited," then do the surface improvements extend over the feature and out to the required setback from PL? Or does it stop directly at the border of the feature?

I hope that question makes sense. Just trying to prepare for possible tricky wording that could occur on the exam. It is easy to quickly assume that all the problems have the same wording.
Last edited by kganglin on Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
kganglin

Re: Vignette Question - testing tomorrow!!

Postby sofiasalvat » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:34 pm

Hi kganglin!

I saw that no onw responded to your post but I have similar questions -- how did your exam go? Which practice exams did you use to practice? Testing in a couple of weeks...
sofiasalvat

Postby kganglin » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:55 am

sofiasalvat wrote:Hi kganglin!

I saw that no onw responded to your post but I have similar questions -- how did your exam go? Which practice exams did you use to practice? Testing in a couple of weeks...

Hi Sofiasalvat,

I unfortunately didn't pass PPP this go-round (it was my second attempt). This one test will be the death of me! However, I did pass the vignette both times. That is a relief. These sections of exams come very easy for me thankfully. I was wise to listen to my gut in reading the vignette program very carefully. I honestly only spent less than a day practicing for the vignettes. I only studied with one vignette but I would practice the same vignette again by changing the wording myself so that the results are different. If that makes sense.

Good luck on your exam if you haven't taken it yet!
kganglin

Postby vrcat25 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:26 pm

kganglin wrote:I have a practice problem where part of the zoning requirements was worded:

My question is, if the problem states only the "construction of buildings is prohibited," then do the surface improvements extend over the feature and out to the required setback from PL? Or does it stop directly at the border of the feature?

I hope that question makes sense. Just trying to prepare for possible tricky wording that could occur on the exam. It is easy to quickly assume that all the problems have the same wording.

Anybody know the answer to this?
vrcat25

Return to PPP - PROGRAMMING, PLANNING & PRACTICE