Building Profile Condition

Site Zoning Vignette and Multiple Choice

Building Profile Condition

Postby Bamla » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:04 am

Hi all,

I have been coming across this building profile condition several times now and would like to get a feedback on this please!
The diagonal line is exactly at 30 degrees eastward, now the building profile does not snap where it is suppose to snap. In a matter of not violating the zoning diagonal, I drew the building profile one click inside of the building envelope, otherwise it was going to click out of the building envelope. Has any had the same problem and is this allowed to leave the building profile a little bit inside the envelope?

Thanks in advance
[img]
Building%20Profile%20Condition.jpg
[/img]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bamla

Re: Building Profile Condition

Postby ukarchi » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:18 am

This happened to me everytime I tried to do a problem with the software. It also happened to me on the actual exam. I failed the exam because of the vignette and I still don't know what I did wrong. I am NOT saying I failed because of the problem with snapping to the profile line, but who knows. I did the same thing you are doing by being slightly under the line, but when I would do that, I could never get the angIe to be the same as the actual profile line. I would love it if someone could shed light on this.
ukarchi

Postby Bonddevil » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:03 pm

A bulk plane restriction is a MAXIMUM to the building envelope. As long as you are at the line OR BELOW, and within, say, 1 degree, it's likely to be acceptable. The software is widely known to be less precise than AutoCAD and some tolerance is built in to these vignettes, so don't spend ten minutes of your test time trying to trace the line exactly.
Bonddevil

Postby Bamla » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:07 pm

Thats exactly what I thought, but at the same time was thinking about all the posts that i have read regarding vignettes and why people fail in this or that and that made me think a lot! Thanks for the insight!
Bamla

Postby tobys » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:23 am

just posted same Q & finding this helps. Thanks for posting.
tobys

Return to PPP - PROGRAMMING, PLANNING & PRACTICE