PPP Vignette - First Attempt and Questions !!!

Site Zoning Vignette and Multiple Choice

PPP Vignette - First Attempt and Questions !!!

Postby enisarch » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:20 am

Dear Folks,

This is my first try on the vignette and I would to hear/know comments about it. Also, I have a couple of questions.

1. Do we have to mimic EXACTLY the passing sample of the NCARB`s in terms of Lot A`s building construction at the west side? i.e. segmented building line
2. In Plan Also, at the west side of Lot A, Does the secondary construction area HAVE to be right on the 5' setback, i.e. can it be 6', 7'?
3. IN my vignette I have set up ALL the required planar/spatial restrictions of the building and secondary development.

Thanks for your feedback

Enis
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
enisarch

Re: PPP Vignette - First Attempt and Questions !!!

Postby are_taker » Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:26 pm

It looks good, but how you are drawing your high water line setback could cause you issues. From watching a video and Brudger's vignette advice, I would recommend drawing circles with a 25' radius at the high water line. Use the diagonal hatch marks as points where to draw the center of the circles. This will give you a smoother setback line.
are_taker

Postby sti23 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:04 am

I agree with the advice on the line along the water. I don't think what you have shown should be done on the actual exam. Like the previous poster said, draw circles with centerpoint on the shoreline. More circles will help you draw a more "curve-like" line. Turning off ORTHO will help with this.
sti23

Postby zackcole » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:34 pm

Thank you for posting. This helped me see a few problems I was having.

The answer to question 2 would be, yes. The goal is to show where building and secondary improvements are allowed. I take this to mean we need to max out the available areas and build up to all setbacks. It appears your secondary construction line can extend 5' to the west in the southwest corner of lot A.

Best of luck!
zackcole

Postby enisarch » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:57 am

zackcole, sti23, are_taker,

Many thanks for your posts, they are very much helpful indeed!! I agree on increasing the number of circle to raise the accuracy of the set back at West. The program mentioned the word "ALLOWED" this would imply the Maximum construction area for both secondary imporvement and building construction.

Many thanks again
enisarch

Postby ry_vh@yahoo.com » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:37 pm

I see that you drew the bottom of the building profile over the grade line. Is that the correct thing to do? I failed my vignette and am stumped as to what I did wrong. Wondering if that is it. Anybody know?
ry_vh@yahoo.com

Postby Strategy » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:24 pm

ry_vh@yahoo.com wrote:I see that you drew the bottom of the building profile over the grade line. Is that the correct thing to do? I failed my vignette and am stumped as to what I did wrong. Wondering if that is it. Anybody know?

I am not an authority who can say what is considered as 'wrong', but read it is not necessary nor is it recommended to draw the "bottom of the building", in fact doing this would be an inaccurate representation of construction. In practice the bottom of the the structure would not follow the contour of finished grade, but rather penetrate the soil. In most cases the bottom floor slab would and be a flat plane below the line of finished grade, resting on a foundation.
Strategy

Postby enisarch » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:44 pm

Thanks Folks,

By reading/investigating different resourecs and posts here and there, I just realized that we are NOT supposed to trace the grade line when drawing the building profile. This trial was the first and it was a kind of disclosing/understanding what is and what is Not to do.

Thanks again to all who shared their openion
enisarch

Return to PPP - PROGRAMMING, PLANNING & PRACTICE