Venting....works?!

Site Zoning Vignette and Multiple Choice

Venting....works?!

Postby balow34 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:51 am

Morning everyone,

I'm sure you've read from my previous post (PPP and SPD forums) and my expression of frustration re: PPP and SPD...somehow it has worked and the ARE Gods have decided to shine down. I logged into MY NCARB this morning and found another PASS notification next to PPP!! Tested on 11/9 and got my results today. I won't go into what to study, what not to study (you can read my rant following my exam and what I studied); moral is, do the best you can and despite feeling miserable leaving there's still hope. I will also give kudos to NCARB and their post-blackout efficiency. I recall my first exams having to wait 8-10 weeks for the dreaded letter. Clearly they have found a way to expedite this information and it really, truly does help.

This was officially #6 for me and my final exam is BS which I'm studying for in a record-setting pace of only 2-weeks (testing 11/26). :shock:

If I can say one last thing, studying for CDS, PPP and SPD all in a row was very helpful. Unfortunately CDS was my very first exam back in 2009, so I had to brush up a bit for SPD and PPP; however, I would also add that having worked in a firm since 2001 has also tremendously helped on those WTF-type questions and on the more common sense type questions.

During my studying thus far I've developed my own acronym for "luck": Lacking Understanding, Comprehension and Knowledge. It really does come down to preparation and general understanding of the material, not relying on luck. There's simply too much information to try and memorize and recall every little detail.

Best of "luck" to everyone!
balow34

Return to PPP - PROGRAMMING, PLANNING & PRACTICE