Vignette, 1st attempt, and some questions.

Site Zoning Vignette and Multiple Choice

Vignette, 1st attempt, and some questions.

Postby chase » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:25 pm

Hi all - attached are screenshots of my attempt (one with sketch lines, one without). Questions I have:

1. How tight to the 25' distance from the water does the building area/secondary construction area need to be? I used sketch circles to set it up, but because of the *@$%& outdated program NCARB uses, nothing really snaps exactly on when you are dealing with circles.
2. Same issue with the 30 degree profile on the section - If I can't get right on the line, should I put it just under the line?

Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
chase

Re: Vignette, 1st attempt, and some questions.

Postby chase » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:12 pm

I just realized that I didn't bring my building profile far enough west on the west lot... My bad... I have the sketch line drawn from the point of the lake offset with cut, but I didn't draw the profile on the proper sketch line... Should've double checked...

Also, I realize now that I don't have to define a bottom edge to the profile along the grade line... Does anyone know if this would be a fail if I did this on the actual test?
chase

Postby balow34 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:29 pm

Re: your questions - get it as close as possible to the 25' setback. The program doesn't allow for curves, so the best you can do is use straight line segments and get it close. I don't imagine it's a deduction as long as you're close. Same with the angle...no matter how hard I tried, I got 29.99 deg or 30.2 deg...never 30 deg exact. I would say, again, get it as close as possible and that's the best you can do.

Correct on your sketch line...be careful!!! My suggestion, do all your sketch lines for the grading first, then go back and erase them, then do your building sketch lines. Otherwise it's too easy to make that mistake, especially when under time constraints. Just my opinion.

Not sure if defining a building bottom edge is a FAIL or not...just don't do it and you'll be fine. Don't play the game of what is a fail or not a fail...do your best to do it correct the first time and you'll be better off.
balow34

Postby chase » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:59 am

Great - thanks for the advice balow!
chase

Postby ry_vh@yahoo.com » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:39 pm

I see that you drew the bottom of the building over the grade line rather than stopping the vertical building profile at the grade line. Which is the correct way?
ry_vh@yahoo.com

Return to PPP - PROGRAMMING, PLANNING & PRACTICE