Alt Vignette_Section BB

Site Zoning Vignette and Multiple Choice

Alt Vignette_Section BB

Postby mlek77 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:05 pm

Here's a pass at this one.

PPP altvignette_sectionBB-131031.pdf

Question about where a contour crosses a section twice (without any other contours interrupting). Theoretically that would just be drawn as flat, but Dorf shows these "flat bits" as having a little rise/dip (1-2 clicks up/down at most). Thoughts?

Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mlek77

Re: Alt Vignette_Section BB

Postby CAlexandra06 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:36 am

Looks like you did great, if you assumed a benchmark of 100'. (It was tough to tell IMHO where benchmark was intended to be in this alt. I assumed a benchmark of 105' when I did it, but it doesn't really matter as long as you are consistent in this alt.) But if you assumed 100', it looks right.

As for the areas where the contour line crosses twice, I am testing tomorrow and am going to go with Dorf's advice about interpolating between the lines. Basically to draw it slightly curved instead of flat, because that is what it would look like in real life, and that's what it would look like if you interpolate a point in between the 2 known points. I hope my explanation makes sense.
CAlexandra06

Return to PPP - PROGRAMMING, PLANNING & PRACTICE