PPP vignette Alt Section AA

Site Zoning Vignette and Multiple Choice

PPP vignette Alt Section AA

Postby Sirengirl » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:59 pm

Please take a look at my alternate vignette section AA. This one was a little tougher than the BB section. I had to make quesses. the 20' max above the grade at the property line was a little tough to figure out beucase the section didnt end right on a contour. So I figured I would do the math between the two and come up with a 147' contour. Also where to end it was also question, but i did the same thing 147'.

Any comments appreciated, thanks!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sirengirl

Re: PPP vignette Alt Section AA

Postby kjohnst3 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:33 pm

Are you using a benchmark of 105'? It's kind of hard to tell in this "alternate". I used a benchmark of 110' because the 110' contour line looks like it's going right through the benchmark? If you use 105' for benchmark, then your max bldg height looks correct to me at 185'. When I used the 110' benchmark, I had a max bldg height at 190'. Other than that everything looks right to me. Good luck! I hope all goes well!
kjohnst3

Postby Sirengirl » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:46 pm

yes I did the 105 benchmark. Just curious what did you use for the end, 147 ? thanks for your comment.
Sirengirl

Postby mcel0054 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:50 pm

I used 145. this one is great practice because it's different, but you probably will only get exact contours on the actual exam, I can't imagine NCARB putting you through that kind of agony :lol:

Also, if you look at section B-B, they forgot to adjust the contour lines when it hits the water. there should be a drop off. I guess it could be a slow graded water fall?
mcel0054

Postby mvarg » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:53 pm

I had the same observation as kjohn and I also used the 110' as the benchmark elevation. Other than that, I'd say our attempts are almost identical. Care to take a look anyone?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mvarg

Postby sfserrat » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:51 am

Hi where did you find this vignette? and can you send me the link
sfserrat

Postby RP-1 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:23 pm

When I was doing Section AA on this alternate, I spent a while debating on whether to draw grade flat across the 125' contours or show a slight rise & dip in the middle of each. At first I had it flat, since you are not supposed to assume any unsaid conditions exist. After thinking for awhile though, I realized that it can't really be flat across the three 125' contours because if it were, there would not be a contour line through the middle of the flat part. So I ended up notching it up 1' on one side and down 1' on the other.
RP-1

Return to PPP - PROGRAMMING, PLANNING & PRACTICE