Questions about the Test

Site Zoning Vignette and Multiple Choice

Questions about the Test

Postby benjhorn » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:20 pm

I am taking the PPP Test Nov. 15th and wanted to get some insight on a couple of questions. This is my only retake so I am excited to pass and be finished with these silly tests.

- How can I prepare for the Arch History questions? I remember there being some history questions that were way out in left field the first time I took the test. Is there a place I can find a good History refresher?
- On the vignette, if the section line touches the crest of a contour line does that still registrar on the section cut?
- Does anyone else have a practice exam? I have the Kaplan and NCARB exams, and was wondering if anyone has any others.

Thanks for the help!
benjhorn

Re: Questions about the Test

Postby kristina » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:56 pm

I passed PPP just before the blackout. I asked the same question on the old forum about preparing for the arch history. Below is the link someone gave me and it is helpful, but the bottom line is its really hard to prepare for the arch history... I think read through whatever material you can, but don't labor over it. It's a very small part of the test. I thought Caroline's notes and Jenny's notes were my most valuable resources. I used the ballast book and practice exam book. Good luck!!

http://www.essential-humanities.net/wes ... mgoonCglIV
kristina

Postby fhasana » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:19 am

hi - i have been wondering about the crest of the contour line bit as well - is there anyone that knows about the answer to this??
fhasana

Postby textbook » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:03 pm

Yes, if the section line touches the crest of a contour line it counts. Review the NCARB passing solution. It is shown.
textbook

Return to PPP - PROGRAMMING, PLANNING & PRACTICE