It's a Pass

Site Zoning Vignette and Multiple Choice

It's a Pass

Postby Belleville » Wed May 23, 2012 6:17 pm

I thought I would start with a good note:
I Got the news yesterday by verifying the state board website, this was my 4th exam so far 3 pass 1 fail,
Study Material:
Kaplan Online for PPP (I did not use the Books)
Kaplan Online Mockup exams
Kaplan Flash cards on Paper and iPhone.
Ballast Chapters for SPD and PPP
PPI Sample test (Skimmed, didn't have enough time to go through)
Jenny's Notes (Skimmed as well)
The ARE Forum for the Vignette.

My impressions at the exit were really mixed, I was really confused about the MC. I knew I had a big chunck right, but there wre as well another chunck where i didn't even undestand the question to make a guess, the vignette was a staight forward one, the same as teh NCARB one, not harder not easier.

What helped passing I believe was the fact that I had studied for the CDS (passed) and the SPD (Failed) before studying for the PPP
I would really encourage anyone to study for both SPD and PPP, If I knew what I know now after studying for PPP i would have passed SPD, these two definitly need to be passed together.

I'm trying to pass the all sections on an accelerated pace, i'm scheduled for one exam each month, my next one is the SS.

Wish me good Luck

I will try to post a sample of note taking for the vignette, this method cut my time by half.
Belleville

Re: It's a Pass

Postby NAT1 » Wed May 23, 2012 6:31 pm

CONGRATS!!
NAT1

Postby archetect » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:39 am

First of all, Congrats Bell.

Second, I wanted to ask you about those Kaplan online resources you posted. Are those paid courses through Kaplan? If so, where can I get more info on that.

Additionally, where did you find your study material (if any of it was found online, or by any sharing sites like ARE Forum, etc).

Thanks and congrats again.
archetect

Postby mscint » Tue May 21, 2013 7:02 pm

congrats, I test next monday and have not been able to post on ARE forum it gives me a "no permission to post error" so I am glad Coach has this blog. Do you highly recomend to pay for the kaplan mock up exams? did you find them very very helpful?
mscint

Return to PPP - PROGRAMMING, PLANNING & PRACTICE