Second fail

Site Zoning Vignette and Multiple Choice

Second fail

Postby dbayrami » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:09 am

Got my second fail this morning. I felt like I studied more this time around, but the fail was way worse. I'm taking SS next, which is more in my wheel house.
SPD took me 3 tries, failed CDS twice also. Does anyone have anything that might help me out on these?
dbayrami

Re: Second fail

Postby thd7t » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:08 pm

Did you fail the MC, the vignette, or both?
thd7t

Postby Coach » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:29 pm

dbayrami wrote:I'm taking SS next

What have you passed and how long ago?
Coach
Site Admin

Postby dbayrami » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:12 pm

thd7t wrote:Did you fail the MC, the vignette, or both?

i passed the vignette both times, and did better on the mc the first time. i had just passed SPD before, so maybe i need to study more SPD stuff this time???

Coach wrote:
dbayrami wrote:I'm taking SS next

What have you passed and how long ago?

SD 9/19/2015, BDCS 10/1/2016, SPD 12/17/2016, BS 7/14/2017.
dbayrami

Postby AREator » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:43 am

I have not passed PPP, but don't get discouraged. It will just eat up time.
It is a frustrating process. I have only general support.

Someone else on this site (VT BassDrum) said "It took me 25 months and 12 attempts."

"It took a long time to figure out the exact recipe to balance work, study, and social life to not go crazy but still be successful. I'll spare you all the lengthy emotional post but THANK YOU to everyone on this forum for helping and providing positivity throughout this journey. You all truly kept me moving even when I thought I was taking 10 steps back to take 1 step forward..."

It was helpful to me after some recent challenges, so I copied it.
Original is here: http://arecoach.com/coachforum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=50907
AREator

Postby dbayrami » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:03 am

AREator wrote:I have not passed PPP, but don't get discouraged. It will just eat up time.
It is a frustrating process. I have only general support.

Someone else on this site (VT BassDrum) said "It took me 25 months and 12 attempts."

"It took a long time to figure out the exact recipe to balance work, study, and social life to not go crazy but still be successful. I'll spare you all the lengthy emotional post but THANK YOU to everyone on this forum for helping and providing positivity throughout this journey. You all truly kept me moving even when I thought I was taking 10 steps back to take 1 step forward..."

It was helpful to me after some recent challenges, so I copied it.
Original is here: http://arecoach.com/coachforum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=50907

O yea! i saw this post! I'm not so down about the fail as i am about the time restraint. having to finish my last 3 exams by june is cutting 2 years off my rolling clock, which is stressful. im studying for structures now, and my goal is 4 hours of study a day during the week, 6-8 on weekend days. i dont really care about good balance anymore, i just need to pass these things and get the ARE over with under 4.0.

PPP is my weak spot, so i'll have to just work extra hard at it. Thanks for the support, we all need it :)
dbayrami

Postby AREator » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:57 pm

dbayrami wrote:O yea! i saw this post! I'm not so down about the fail as i am about the time restraint. having to finish my last 3 exams by june is cutting 2 years off my rolling clock, which is stressful. im studying for structures now, and my goal is 4 hours of study a day during the week, 6-8 on weekend days. i dont really care about good balance anymore, i just need to pass these things and get the ARE over with under 4.0.

PPP is my weak spot, so i'll have to just work extra hard at it. Thanks for the support, we all need it :)

No problem.
I'm in a similar boat.
Any candidate who doesn't pass three exams (in 4.0) by June has to start over completely (in 5.0).

You start to weigh the options:
Should I just dispense with all this 4.0 nonsense, and do it all in 5.0?
It was supposed to save exam-takers some effort (one less test), but most people will have to retake one, two, three exams at which point it wasn't simpler.
Any benefit to the 5 test method is probably lost, once you fail a single test (in 4.0).

Ah well. Another day, another exam.
AREator

Postby DANIIFACE » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:19 pm

I posted a similar response on a different thread but I do not believe this is correct? If you pass CDS and PPP you can transition over and have 3 exams left. The two that everyone has to take for the regular transition route as well as PA. If you pass CDS and then transition over you still only have 5 exams left instead of 6. This is at least my understanding.
DANIIFACE

Postby dbayrami » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:24 am

DANIIFACE wrote:I posted a similar response on a different thread but I do not believe this is correct? If you pass CDS and PPP you can transition over and have 3 exams left. The two that everyone has to take for the regular transition route as well as PA. If you pass CDS and then transition over you still only have 5 exams left instead of 6. This is at least my understanding.

Yea, and if you throw SPD in the pass pile too, you only have 2 left to take in 5.0. I've messed with that calculator so much it's not even funny. My "transition" though, with the combination of tests I've passed, means I'd have to take all 6 of the 5.0 exams. No way am I doing that, that means the 4 I've passed already mean nothing. Also, a friend of mine is set on the 5 test path, and he wont listen to me when I tell him that only works if you don't fail any. He hasn't passed one yet. The transition is not worth it.
dbayrami

Postby AREator » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:02 pm

dbayrami wrote:a friend of mine is set on the 5 test path, and he wont listen to me when I tell him that only works if you don't fail any. He hasn't passed one yet. The transition is not worth it.

And after the transition to 5.0, SPD (4.0) is worthless if you pass it without also passing PPP (4.0).
So start over.
AREator

Return to PPP - PROGRAMMING, PLANNING & PRACTICE