Passing or testing over 40?

Re: Passing or testing over 40?

Postby b5000 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:03 am

Wow so many - I was so self hating and ashamed and thought I was the only one here!!! I started back in the 3.1 days and had great momentum from 2001- 2005 finishing ALL exams except for SS/LF even while working crazy hours at a starchitects office...to one year after my firstborn arrived. Then starting a new company, work, family another kid stress, depression and economic crash.. More depression.. And somehow by the nano-particles of my teeth I have completed the last one finally!!! .. I was at the mercy of losing all of my previous passes...to rolling clock..so I hunkered down and studied like mad and then of course was dreading the outcome ........ (Cough cough: Almost done...just have to take CSE now!).... Which I have no problem with - I have a bulk of experience with contracts, and am pretty fluent with coastal from presentations etc.. I can finally see the end of this thing!
b5000

Postby Scarlett » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:34 am

That is wonderful! I know it will be a great finally to never worry about these exams again :)

b5000 wrote:Wow so many - I was so self hating and ashamed and thought I was the only one here!!! I started back in the 3.1 days and had great momentum from 2001- 2005 finishing ALL exams except for SS/LF even while working crazy hours at a starchitects office...to one year after my firstborn arrived. Then starting a new company, work, family another kid stress, depression and economic crash.. More depression.. And somehow by the nano-particles of my teeth I have completed the last one finally!!! .. I was at the mercy of losing all of my previous passes...to rolling clock..so I hunkered down and studied like mad and then of course was dreading the outcome ........ (Cough cough: Almost done...just have to take CSE now!).... Which I have no problem with - I have a bulk of experience with contracts, and am pretty fluent with coastal from presentations etc.. I can finally see the end of this thing!
Scarlett

Postby dressmaker » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:35 am

I'm turning 55 next month, when I hope I'm taking my last exam. Avoided a professional degree in architecture until age 44, largely because my dad always told me that's what I should do. He was right.

cheers
dressmaker

Postby gascap » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:33 am

Great thread!

I'm 49 and have 3 to go (including that fool SS re-take.) I have a BA in Violin & Art, MA in music, so naturally I am an architect.

Experience in the field (25 years now) and growing up with ACAD has served me well (I suppose...except for SS, which formal schooling may have helped with.)

I like what mariavista said earlier: "I don't think it is about age. Just dogged determination."

Good luck to everyone!

- GC
gascap

Postby vjam » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:14 am

Yep, I'll be 55 next year :roll: ...need to get registered so that I qualify for a management position...which doesn't do technical stuff...but they want the piece of paper!

I have succeeded in four, and have to take SS, BDCS and retake BS (literally watched the clock on the vignette run down while trying desperately to get the cursor to move to the fire damper...).

I'm finding that after over 25 years of not needing to do calculations for structures, trig, and so on, that re-entering the structures studies is maddeningly slow...the math aspects!!

I found a resource... http://www.yourotherteacher.com/sample_ ... ering.html. Has anyone used them? I'm going to post a general question, but thought I'd ask here first!

Going to keep going, prayerfully I will finish by the end of this year!

vjam :)
vjam

Postby Design intent » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:57 am

Bumping this thread for inspiration.
Design intent

Postby vtmtbkr » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:00 pm

Thanks for digging this out. 3 hardest tests left and turn 40 the middle of March. BS next Friday...
vtmtbkr

Postby Quigaboo » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:28 pm

I'm 38, 2 kids, work full time and do side work as well. Took all 7 exams in 7 months to the day. Passed 6 and waiting on results for #7 which I took yesterday.... Never too old to get it done!
Quigaboo

Postby Rivendel1408 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:24 pm

I'm a decade plus over 40. Just passed Schematic and scheduled for site Planning 3/9. Kind of nuts but it's a good career move at this point.
Rivendel1408

Postby iDefy » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:07 pm

Bravo Rivendel1408!
That's the way to go! You'll never regret this decision and find some surprising things through the journey. Keep us posted :D
iDefy

Postby JeromeS » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:47 pm

42, no longer work in architecture, don't have a degree.

I qualified for the exams via combination of work experience and education as a NY candidate. Took SD first and failed. Really it was due to not fully being familiar with the idiosyncrasies of the program and the "rules" of the vignettes Took some time, re-tested got my first pass. I left my job and architecture soon after. I Needed to make better money...

Didn't take another exam for atleast a year after my first pass. But I decided to try again- Took BDCS and passed. Scheduled SS and lo-and-behold a PASS. That really built my confidence and I've really started rolling of late. Took SPD today. If all goes well, I'll only have BS left

I really think older candidates with broad experience have a significant advantage. I just didn't know it- the principal of my old firm was not very encouraging.

I'm near the end and the world is my oyster...
JeromeS

Postby roaaia » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:30 am

It's refreshing to see a post on sharing "age". I have been ARE eligible for many years now. My first goal was to be licensed by 50. I am now 5 months from my 60th birthday and I have a new goal...to become an architect (period). It has been a lifelong goal where life did get in the way (and procrastination). I have a degree in Interior design and years working with architects and engineers. I am now a code official and do freelance design. I have to keep myself motivated. A few years ago I developed a seizure disorder. I blamed it on the precalculus exams I had just taken but it could have been the wine. LOL! Without your health there is nothing. I am on the road to recovery and back on track for my goal. At this point in my life I do not think I will ever retire 100% but if I can achieve my goal for my personal achievement and get some projects or career advancement that would be wonderful too. No exams yet but I will schedule SPD for late April.

​"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it.........The time will pass anyway."
Earl Nightingale

"Just because you feel fear doesn't mean you can't do it. Do it afraid."
Joyce Meyer
roaaia

Postby iDefy » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:25 pm

Bravo! roaaia! You really lifted my spirits today! ...now I'll go back and jump back into My BS binder...
iDefy

Postby Raja » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:22 pm

I'm 43. I started taking the ARE over 10 years ago. I passed 6 in a row when I first went at it, then they changed the format and implemented the rolling clock. Between juggling some challenges in my personal life and a full-time career, my exams started expiring. I got discouraged and went back to school for an MFA but kept working in architecture. I have worked for architects continuously for 20 years and at this point am a highly skilled project manager and designer, but with no license. There should be an automatic license given after a certain number of years of competent work. Anyhow I have decided to get back at it again and am happy to find this study board, after discovering in horror that the old AreForum was done for. Hopefully I can pass all the exams before the whole format changes again. I don't want to invest in new study materials and learn new vignettes etc... for like the 4th time. Good luck to all us oldies in proving our experience in the real world actually counts. I hope someday to be able to call myself an Architect since in practice I have been one for many years.
Raja

Postby roaaia » Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:05 am

Hello Raja...I feel your pain. I know my goal is a personal one, it seems as yours is too. I hope the best for you during this trial of exams like myself.
roaaia

Postby Scarlett » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:31 pm

Love reading these posts for inspiration.
Last edited by Scarlett on Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scarlett

Postby Raja » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:27 am

We can do it!!
Raja

Postby roaaia » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:31 am

Raja wrote:We can do it!!

YES WE CAN!
roaaia

Postby vtmtbkr » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:53 am

Somehow I just passed BS studying for about 20 total hours, I guess experience does help with good guessing. That gave me the drive to schedule my last 2 tests SS and BDCS. My last exam is scheduled 11 days after my 40th birthday.
vtmtbkr

Postby iDefy » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:20 am

vtmtbkr wrote:Somehow I just passed BS studying for about 20 total hours, I guess experience does help with good guessing. That gave me the drive to schedule my last 2 tests SS and BDCS. My last exam is scheduled 11 days after my 40th birthday.

You just gave me a boost of confidence as I near my BS exam. Thanks for that. Consider BDCS before SS. That might use your BS knowledge, and help with SS in turn.
Ps. What did you study in your 20 hours? :D
iDefy

Postby vtmtbkr » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:36 am

I spent about 3-4 hours on the vignette (it was easy) then studied the NCARB practice questions, 2009 Kaplan and ME Notes (arehelp.com) Did not open MEEB at all. Was totally surprised I passed, I think acing the vignette on all of the tests really helps with educated guessing on a lot of the MCs.

BDCS on the 18th and SS on the 24th of March so I will be studying simultaneously for these.
vtmtbkr

Postby jackalope » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:01 am

Great thread Scarlett. 41 here going on 42. One thing I'd recommend is making sure with all the studying you take a break each day where there is a moment that is all about yourself. Could be as simple as a 30 minute walk, could be watching House of Cards for an hour, non time-suck video game, or reading something escapist before you go to bed. I found that on a particularly bad study day (the one's where you're like "there's just so much to know" or "I'm too old for this") would be to make certain I do that 'me time'. The other element is eat well and take care of yourself physically. I've seen the stress get to me physically on a number of occasions where I'm not being active enough. Every time I get some exercise I study better. I'm no gym rat, but a run or walk is a way to get your mind off the pressure. I one up on B-12 vitamins as well. That could be a complete placebo effect, but it makes me feel better. Also, the day of the exam, I always study a little (usually skimming through Jenny's notes and vignette chart strategy) but I also make sure to not go into last minute super cram pressure mode. I think that just increases the anxiety.

My CDS exam is set to expire and I had to take the remaining 6 in the last 4 months. Tested and passed all but waiting on SPD (my last-fingers crossed!). I was most nervous about SS. It's been since the 90's since I'd done method of joints. But I took the attitude that I really wanted to know this stuff and found myself excited about the material (I can't say the same about PPP).

Having read through this thread, it's really helpful to see how many other 'grandpas and grandmas' there are going through this as well. For the future, hopefully NCARB gets things worked out with NAAB and the uni's to figure out how to integrate licensure more into higher ed like they do in europe, but of course that will take a lot of reform by the academic institutions and well, the profession.

In the meantime, good luck with the exams! You can and will do it!
jackalope

Postby JennyMPLS » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:07 pm

Scarlett,
Great thread and your comment on cataracts is too funny! Really great to see all the 'mature' folks pushing through. I am not there yet but the big 40 is looming over me this summer. I have a 13 month old and a 3.5 year old at home and my husband is an Architect who passed all his exams last summer and now it's my turn to take them. Needless to say taking these is overdue and the worst timing imaginable....right now I'm so busy caring for my young kids and 10 years ago I had so much time on my hands, I guess I had too much fun in my 30s.

I'm taking the tests every 6 weeks since I am in full "study" mode and frankly I want to finish up so I can hang out with my family again. I'm sure I'll fail a few along the way but I know if I stop I'll find way too much to do with my babies and life in general and it won't be until my 50s that I get back to it. It's so easy to let these go with all the other things life has to offer :)

That said, it's kinda nice to be studying for them later in life. I'm gaining some new perspectives, clearing out the cobwebs a bit and honestly having an excuse to go out to a coffee shop and let my husband put the kids to bed a few times a week is AMAZING.

It's so refreshing to read this thread. Lot's of great perspectives and motivating stories.
Good luck to everyone!
JennyMPLS

Passing or testing over 40?

Postby rere » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:37 pm

I'm not too far from 40 (I'm 36) and I think the only difference between my brain between now and 4 years ago is that I have many more responsibilities at work which can cloud my thoughts. It's taken me 3 years to pass 5 exams with long breaks in between. But soon I'll be the third licensed architect in an office of 50 unlicensed designers so it will feel pretty damn good when I'm done. Everyone's different so it's not fair to compare yourself to anyone else, young or old. I commend you for your perseverance! Best of luck to you!
rere

Postby lmc » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:10 pm

I just found out today that I passed my last exam, CDS and now I am finished with these exams.

I'm 41 and had transitioned from 3.1 to 4.0 and had an exam expire. I started testing in 2007, and then work, among other issues started getting in the way. In a way, the 5 year clock equally helped and hurt. I started binge testing for 2 months in 2012, and passed a few even when I thought I had failed. Then after another one was going to expire soon this march, I took the rest. The 2 month re-take policy helped immensely as well since I retained a lot of info studying.

Thanks to Coach on both the ARE Forum and this new forum, I did not fail a single vignette (even took BT 3.1), although I did fail 2 exams on the multiple choice portions. I ended up sitting for 11 exams, and passed 9 of them total.

As I have read from another 40+ test taker, I have a better understanding of the material and learned how to study better than when I was younger. Experience also helped tremendously on some exams.

Better later then never and I had to eventually realize that there is never a good or convenient time to study.

Good luck to everybody and keep up the perseverance. It will pay off !!!! :D :D :D :D
lmc

Postby jokermtb » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:36 pm

Yes, Life gets in the way of obtaining the holy grail of licensure, if you don't do it immediately following undergrad/masters......I'm sure it's a familar story arc.

Try going back to grad school for a masters at 35! And yes, I'm over 40 and passed my last test a few weeks ago. It's clear that you don't need a license to propel yourself thru the world of architecture, as long as someone with a seal is riding along. After taking all the exams (only once) and passing them first time out, I realize now that I knew a lot more than I thought I knew, and the studying I did (except for SS which I needed Thaddeus to help me remember all that again) really was a smoothing over, and reminding of all that I'd once run across, somewhere back in time. I maintain that it's a huge advantage to take these Exams with some mileage on the clock, as most of you can attest to. And, most of you will also agree, that having that 'piece of paper' is a justification and badge of honor for all the hard work over the years. Should I and could I have done it out of undergrad? Sure, but I'd probably have missed out on all that came to pass. No time or place for regrets, I'm just super stoked I finally slayed this dragon, and can move ahead, unhindered by a piece of paper I didn't have.......

Good testing to you all!
jokermtb

Postby vtmtbkr » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:35 am

Question for "seasoned" ARE takers....I've taken and passed 6 tests with Structural left to go. Years of coordinating and consulting with engineers makes me feel pretty confident that I understand structures until it comes to the math....For those of you that have taken it, what should I be focusing on in the next few days to get me through the fill in the blank and math related multiple choice questions. I've read the Wind and Seismic AIA documents, now it's the pick and choose what to focus on to get me through this.

How many "seasoned" architects have failed this one?
vtmtbkr

Postby JeromeS » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:47 am

vtmtbkr wrote:Question for "seasoned" ARE takers....I've taken and passed 6 tests with Structural left to go. Years of coordinating and consulting with engineers makes me feel pretty confident that I understand structures until it comes to the math....For those of you that have taken it, what should I be focusing on in the next few days to get me through the fill in the blank and math related multiple choice questions. I've read the Wind and Seismic AIA documents, now it's the pick and choose what to focus on to get me through this.

My answer may sound flip but, here it is anyway; Relax, you are all good! You have enough experience - you WILL pass.

I passed SS on a single attempt. I had many years of experience in the residential / light commercial arena. I did regular beam / load calcs, including wind loading in my professional life. My seismic experience was nil. I did not memorize a single formula other than those I already knew. There were fill in the blank questions asking me to solve a given formula - I left these blank (3 of them) cuz I didn't know the answer. It was still a PASS. I understood/understand principles and ideas- so do you.

Concentrate on knowing the vignette and all will be well.

I have completed all exams- I only failed CDS when I messed up a vignettes (no grade line- doh!) Waiting for my license number...
JeromeS

Postby Design intent » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:59 pm

vtmtbkr wrote:Question for "seasoned" ARE takers....I've taken and passed 6 tests with Structural left to go. Years of coordinating and consulting with engineers makes me feel pretty confident that I understand structures until it comes to the math....For those of you that have taken it, what should I be focusing on in the next few days to get me through the fill in the blank and math related multiple choice questions. I've read the Wind and Seismic AIA documents, now it's the pick and choose what to focus on to get me through this.

Having taken every exam in 3.1 and then again in 4.0, I consider myself pretty "seasoned." I don't think you need to memorize "the math" any math on the test can easily be figured out if you understand the basics behind the formula.

IMO, the fill in the blank questions are not be feared. They are no worse than the other types of questions.
Design intent

Postby vtmtbkr » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:38 am

Thanks for the insight. Nice to know that people have the same mentality as me. I haven't done any basic load calculations since my structures class in college, but have coordinated/dealt with all types of construction...(minimal wood, lots of steel, existing buildings, precast, metal buildings) So I guess I should at least figure out the basics of load calculations again. Vignette is a no brainer! With 125 questions it would seem feasible to be able to get a large number wrong (like 45) and still pass as long as they weren't all in the same category. IE fail all equation/math related questions but get the other basic concept questions in the same category correct? I wonder if that's the way people with vast amounts of general knowledge end up passing these exams.
vtmtbkr

Postby JeromeS » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:10 pm

SS was what got me rolling again-

I left architecture as a profession and was generally discouraged at the support I got from the firm I was with for the 13+ years leading up to qualifying for the exams. I scheduled this test to get my wife off my back. I passed unexpectedly and this really gave me the confidence to start rolling with the 4 I had remaining.

PS, I never took a structures class.
JeromeS

Postby jokermtb » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:15 pm

vtmtbkr wrote:Thanks for the insight. Nice to know that people have the same mentality as me. I haven't done any basic load calculations since my structures class in college, but have coordinated/dealt with all types of construction...(minimal wood, lots of steel, existing buildings, precast, metal buildings) So I guess I should at least figure out the basics of load calculations again. Vignette is a no brainer! With 125 questions it would seem feasible to be able to get a large number wrong (like 45) and still pass as long as they weren't all in the same category. IE fail all equation/math related questions but get the other basic concept questions in the same category correct? I wonder if that's the way people with vast amounts of general knowledge end up passing these exams.

My structures courses knowledge was extremely dusty - I really didn't know where to begin and I knew I needed some real help. I plunked down the cash for the Thaddeus online videos and they got me back up to speed - I doubt I'd have passed without that help. Don't be afraid to pay-to-play when you are behind the 8-ball like I felt I was. You'll waste a lot of time plodding thru useless information if you choose not to seek pro-help as I did.
jokermtb

Postby vtmtbkr » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:18 pm

jokermtb wrote:
vtmtbkr wrote:Thanks for the insight. Nice to know that people have the same mentality as me. I haven't done any basic load calculations since my structures class in college, but have coordinated/dealt with all types of construction...(minimal wood, lots of steel, existing buildings, precast, metal buildings) So I guess I should at least figure out the basics of load calculations again. Vignette is a no brainer! With 125 questions it would seem feasible to be able to get a large number wrong (like 45) and still pass as long as they weren't all in the same category. IE fail all equation/math related questions but get the other basic concept questions in the same category correct? I wonder if that's the way people with vast amounts of general knowledge end up passing these exams.

My structures courses knowledge was extremely dusty - I really didn't know where to begin and I knew I needed some real help. I plunked down the cash for the Thaddeus online videos and they got me back up to speed - I doubt I'd have passed without that help. Don't be afraid to pay-to-play when you are behind the 8-ball like I felt I was. You'll waste a lot of time plodding thru useless information if you choose not to seek pro-help as I did.

Thanks! I knew I saved that structures book from college for something, going through it now. If I fail this exam the first time, then I will definitely be seeking some refresher help!
vtmtbkr

Postby rifkamattman » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:22 pm

alright, I am on here. I have been reading this thread and love it. I just found out this morning that I passed my last exam (SS) with only 5 days to spare before my PPP would have expired. So, if I failed, then that means PPP would go away and CDs since that one was also within the two month retake period. I work well under pressure, but this was a bit ridiculous with its "do or die" mentality. Never again. And I can say that. Anyway, I told myself that if I passed then I would add myself to this thread because I am 40 (will be 41 in august), a female whose life otherwise is completely falling apart due to the inevitable divorce of someone who has been my partner for more than half my life (fellow architect, btw), have two beautiful children ages 11 and 7, and work full time (not today though) for an extremely busy 20 person architecture firm. The last few months have been crazy. But I did it, and I can say that I did it myself. I'm proud of me. And it helps that my mom and dad just sent me flowers to my office. Thanks forum!
rifkamattman

Postby Scarlett » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:10 pm

I know having this behind you has got to lift an enormous weight. Congratulations!

I'm so glad to see so much response to this post. I thought I was in a lot smaller minority due to my age.

rifkamattman wrote:alright, I am on here. I have been reading this thread and love it. I just found out this morning that I passed my last exam (SS) with only 5 days to spare before my PPP would have expired. So, if I failed, then that means PPP would go away and CDs since that one was also within the two month retake period. I work well under pressure, but this was a bit ridiculous with its "do or die" mentality. Never again. And I can say that. Anyway, I told myself that if I passed then I would add myself to this thread because I am 40 (will be 41 in august), a female whose life otherwise is completely falling apart due to the inevitable divorce of someone who has been my partner for more than half my life (fellow architect, btw), have two beautiful children ages 11 and 7, and work full time (not today though) for an extremely busy 20 person architecture firm. The last few months have been crazy. But I did it, and I can say that I did it myself. I'm proud of me. And it helps that my mom and dad just sent me flowers to my office. Thanks forum!
Last edited by Scarlett on Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scarlett

Postby jthulan » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:45 am

I'm north of 50 and testing. Let's just say that when I have flatulence, it looks like the great dust bowl of Oklahoma in the 1930s. If I can do this at my age...anybody can. One step at a time.
jthulan

Postby jokermtb » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:22 pm

I'm closer to 50 than 40 Jthulan, so I get it. My architectural career luckily always involved a seal-holder running ahead of me, so it never felt like an urgent thing to get (my license). Was always something 'I'll get to later when I have the time'. As you all know, life gets in the way of all that, and you never actually do have the time. I don't know what fire got lit under my ass, but 5 years ago, I took my first exam, and then dribbled away 3 years. With 2 years to go, the slack in my rope had gone - it was as rifkamattman said 'do or die' ....it was time to knock em down.

It was a seismic shift in my life. I had to tell friends and family "no" when invited to do fun things like travel opportunities, mountain biking, nights out with the boys, and my guitar playing suffered (I would be reading instead of riffing). It was hard to give up my lifestyle of fun and spontaneity for yet another nite of sitting on the futon reading, and rereading often dry boring material. And, I neglected my exercising/bike riding and gained about 15 lbs! Pfffattyboy. Not too bad considering my sedentary lifestyle of study. On the plus side, my wife was very supportive and didn't tempt me as often with fun distractions because she knew I'd fold easily. My dogs really loved studying with me, and I discovered some really great studying music via Spotify. I also discovered that I could sip a beer while reading about refrigeration cycles and not have to suffer for my studying.

Ripping thru Archiflash cards in the passenger seat while driving to Chicago for the weekend, or listening to Schiff/Hardin CDS lectures on a plane to Colorado were where it was at....I always seemed to be within arms reach of a book. So glad all that is behind me now. I will say that my architectural experience was a lot more than I realized, and I surprised myself by passing each test first try, which is somewhat unusual from what I've seen on this forum. I'm also in a bit of a post Exam era funk - I don't quite know how to turn off the 'study-at-all-times' mindset, but I'm working on it - beer seems to really help with that!

So, all that remains is for NCARB to send their stuff to my State's board (I've already paid for my license fee), and decide if I want a crimper or rubberstamp ink seal.....I think getting that seal will be a surreal experience for me, since it's been such a pipe dream for seemingly decades. What do you all think - rubberstamp is ever so much easier to seal drawings and they don't thicken a rolled up sheet set, but there's something so satisfying about feeling that paper crimp when you crush the handles together.....I'm leaning towards the old-school crimper.......Any thoughts on the matter?
jokermtb

Postby rifkamattman » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:59 am

I don't think my state even allows the crimper. I could be wrong though. Even if it does, I think I'm going to go for the ink stamp. Easier to scan in for the electronic submissions to the government that we need to do. Oh, who am I kidding, I'm not going to stamp anything myself for quite some time. I will tell you the crimper brings back bad memories as an intern in New Jersey, busily crimping two hundred sheet sets for the principals in the firm. You should definitely get the crimper. :)
rifkamattman

Postby jokermtb » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:50 am

I like how the crimper makes a rolled up drawing set bulge out where the seals are - so annoying, which is why I think I must go with 'the crimper'. I actually remember going thru a few hundred sheets with a crimper, and tearing thru the paper on some of the crimps. Exhausting, but visceral.
jokermtb

Postby jthulan » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:28 am

I will be happy when I eventually do get to decide on ink vs crimp.
jthulan

PreviousNext

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION