Whiteboard and New Cut Lines

Whiteboard and New Cut Lines

Postby stubscook » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:19 am

When I signed up to take my last exam (again :roll: ) I was cautiously optimistic that the new whiteboard tool was going to be okay with the new exam adjustments (i.e. less calculations, more time per question) but I finally tried it in the demo and it is completely useless. I could not get a legible number with the mouse tool, zooming was a mess and the text tool was a pain in the butt to maneuver. Anyway you look at it the whiteboard is not a reasonable replacement for scratch paper.

I also found out that after the new adjusted exams go into affect December 14th people will not be getting their scores for at least 4 weeks while NCARB "readjusts" the cut lines. So essentially you can take an exam with a horrible experimental tool that will eat up a ton of time if you try to use, put yourself at the mercy of NCARB while they figure out a cut score that is more likely than not, being based on a targeted percentage of pass/fails.

It is understandable that because we are in the middle of a horrible pandemic that things would need to be adjusted but NCARB is not thinking outside of the box on this one. They want everything fully automated rather than cough up money on what is reasonable or fair for the candidates.

I rescheduled my exam for the end of January but plan on rescheduling it again and again until some of this stuff is worked out...but who knows when that will be! It makes me so mad because this is seriously messing with my livelihood and ability to make a living.

Has anybody out there actually taken an exam with the new whiteboard tool? If so how was it?
stubscook

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION