Tips for Prometric / Test Strategies

Tips for Prometric / Test Strategies

Postby cashew » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:37 am

I signed up for my first exam! (ARE 5.0 - Programming and Analysis)

This board has been very helpful, but most of the study guides focus on exam content, but I'm not finding very much about the format of the exam itself.

I'm not a bad test taker, but I'm just worried that the ARE's will be a different beast. I remember taking standardized tests in school, such as the SAT's, there was just as much focus on understanding the test format as the content - especially for questions that require critical reasoning. I know the easy answer would be to not worry about it. But I would hate for something unexpected to throw me off when I actually know the information.

I have already tried the NCARB Demonstration Exam. However, that only covers so much, and doesn't totally simulate the testing environment.

Does anyone have some big picture tips about test strategies? How to navigate the test software? Question types? Even tips on what to bring to the test center? What to expect once you're in the room and sitting at a computer? Any of those practical things that aren't covered by study materials.
cashew

Re: Tips for Prometric / Test Strategies

Postby thd7t » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:18 am

I did a write up after finishing up. Sections 5 and 6 address some of this.
http://arecoach.com/coachforum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=53415
thd7t

Re: Tips for Prometric / Test Strategies

Postby cashew » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:29 pm

Thanks! :D
cashew

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION