Measured drawings

Measured drawings

Postby mick2 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:35 pm

I have a new client that has requested I do existing drawings before sitting down to define the scope of work. I don’t mine doing this because it will help me work out the design cost. Is there an AIA contract that I can use just for the existing drawings or can someone share an example of their typical contract for existing field measuring and drawings. I am planning on using a hourly rate with a cap not the exceed, I just want to word the proposal correctly.
Thanks
mick2

Re: Measured drawings

Postby alexwilkosz24 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:38 pm

mick2 wrote:I have a new client that has requested I do existing drawings before sitting down to define the scope of work. I don’t mine doing this because it will help me work out the design cost. Is there an AIA contract that I can use just for the existing drawings or can someone share an example of their typical contract for existing field measuring and drawings. I am planning on using a hourly rate with a cap not the exceed, I just want to word the proposal correctly.
Thanks

All field measuring was hourly when I had done it previously, because who knows exactly how long it will take, or if you have to go back for further dimensioning/measurements/info.

The drawings, I am not sure how those were billed.
alexwilkosz24

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION