4.0 Site Planning & Design OR 5.0 Programming & Analysis?

4.0 Site Planning & Design OR 5.0 Programming & Analysis?

Postby teterdank » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:29 pm

Hi everyone,

I have passed CDS and PPP under 4.0 and I am trying to decide if I should take 4.0 SPD or 5.0 Programming and Analysis. As far as I can tell SPD has 65 questions and 2 vignettes, Programming and Analysis has 95 questions and no vignettes. Is there anything else I should be considering? I should note that I have passed SPD previously and it expired hence the testing again.

Thanks!
teterdank

Re: 4.0 Site Planning & Design OR 5.0 Programming & Analysis

Postby thd7t » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:32 am

I took CDS and PPP before changing over to 5.0 and taking PA. I passed without much difficulty. I didn't want to mess with the site planning vignette. I thought part of what made it easier was that PPP was half of the exam.
thd7t

Postby Ruby » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:01 am

Tough call. I would normally say give SPD a whirl, but the vignettes are tough, the site design at least. I didn't have much skin in the game-I took it and passed, but if I failed, I was going to transition and not take it again. I had previously failed PPP and I felt like studying for SPD helped me pass PPP the second time, but you already passed PPP, so it's really up to you. If you take PA, you'll have an idea what the 5.0 tests are like before hitting the "big" ones (PPD and PDD). 6 of one, half a dozen of the other, as they say. There's positives and negatives either way you go, and they weigh about the same.
Ruby

Postby teterdank » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:07 pm

Thanks for the input everyone. Appreciate the help.
teterdank

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION