CASp question

CASp question

Postby mick2 » Fri May 04, 2018 8:06 pm

Received a CASp report the other day, and got a few strange markup/comments.
Every kitchen outlet in a fully accessible unit needs to have a 30x48 clear floor side approach centered on the outlets. I looked through chapter 11B and only found the requirement that there has to be the 30x48 clear floor area adjacent to the outlet, and not centered on the outlet. This is frustrating because we have all the counter tops at 24" depth, and where we couldn't get the side approach because an appliance was sticking out we placed the outlet in the bottom of the upper cabinet.
One more question, in the adaptable kitchens do all outlets need to have a side and forward approach. I understand that the outlet above the work surface needs to comply (removable cabinet). The comment I received was every outlet within the kitchen needs to be within 24" reach range and have forward and side approach. Chapter 11A states the obstruction can be 25" maximum for forward and side.
Thanks for the help.
mick2

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION