Amber videos VS. Black Spectacles.

Amber videos VS. Black Spectacles.

Postby vrcat25 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:48 pm

I have two tests left (PPD and PDD) and I'm considering purchasing the Amber videos or Black Spectacles. After glancing at the free videos by both vendors on youtube, it seems like there's more fluff with the Amber videos and that they don't mimick the tests as much as Black spectacles, so i'm leaning towards BS, but wanted to check here before i commit. Many of the questions on the tests are "best guess" and the recommended ncarb sources have no information on them. Hopefully, i'm not wasting my time or money, but i've heard good things about both and figure it's worth a try. Ideally, i'd like to have practice problems and some sample case studies. There's an old black spectacles video online, but i'm not sure if there's any updated case studies problems for the paid version. Any thoughts on Amber Vs. Black Spectacles? thanks!
Last edited by vrcat25 on Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vrcat25

Re: Amber videos VS. Black Spectacles.

Postby boops » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:38 pm

Thought I would point out that the PPD & PDD Black Spectacle study material is now approved by NCARB.
https://www.ncarb.org/press/ncarb-approves-first-third-party-test-prep-materials-are-50
boops

Postby vrcat25 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:53 pm

BIG help thanks boops!

I didn't realize they were "approved". I've watched many of the free youtube videos by black spectacles, Amber, etc. and out of all the third party test preps, Black Spectacles appears to be geared more towards the exams. Although the Amber videos seem to be very professional and visual, i'm not so sure the sample problems are comparable to the test and the last i heard, there were no case studies sample problems unless they've been added. Does anybody know how the sample problems are with Amber videos? The free ones have mainly primers that seem too basic.
vrcat25

Postby toshea13 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:16 pm

vrcat, any luck with BS?
toshea13

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION