DONE- What next?

DONE- What next?

Postby ConquertheARE » Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:53 am

I am done with this nightmare! Years of studying, sacrificing time with family and friends, and now I can finally put this in my rearview mirror. It feels surreal to be typing this. Lost so much sleep over this and it was just stressful overall. I want to inquire what is the next step.. once my final scores have been posted, do I need to bug National? I tested in NY state and am uncertain as to whether I need to fill out any additional applications for licensure? I navigated their website but do not see. I know this is a generic question, but I appreciate any 'next steps' guidance.
ConquertheARE

Re: DONE- What next?

Postby boops » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:53 am

Call your state board and ask them if there is any additional information they need from you. Then call NCARB and make sure all your information is up to date and ready for their review process. NCARB will take about 1 month to review your AXP (IDP) hours and your ARE results. Once this is done they will send your record to your state and your state will review and issue license. Be patient, because it does take awhile.
boops

Postby ConquertheARE » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:29 pm

Thank you! I called, it looks like my record is under review. Looks like I am playing the waiting game right now... can anyone in NY who has received their license (especially anyone recently) give any insight as to how long the process has taken them from their last pass to receiving the actual license?
ConquertheARE

Postby ptd.gwb » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:46 pm

From NY, I took (and passed) my last exam (SD) on 1/8 and received my license and certificate on 2/22. It may even have been quicker had my licensure form not expired (after 5 years) and i had to fill in and resend. I must say it was a relatively smooth process on the part of NCARB and the state board. Just had to call once to make sure they've received everything and wait a little bit.

Congrats on your impending licensure and good luck on this final step!
ptd.gwb

Postby jackstatic » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:00 am

I too am from NY and here is the wonky manner in which I got my license
-I took my final test on Feb 11th,
-Found out I passed on 2/15,
-Received notification from NYS on 2/20 that my license was under review but that my form was over 5 years old and that I needed to resubmit it.
-Received email from NCARB on 2/22 that they had sent my scores along to NYS for review (Thanks NCARB for being 3 days late on this)
-Took forever to find a notary for some reason and sent the paperwork back on 2/27
-On 3/7/18 Went and checked the online office of professions verification site (http://www.op.nysed.gov/opsearches.htm) and saw my name was listed as a licensed architect
-On 3/8/18 I received my official license and registration in the mail.
-On 3/12 was emailed that I had completed my NCARB Requirements.
-On 3/12 was emailed by ncarb that my record had been send to NYS for review (Uh... sure... ok.. thanks NCARB :roll: ...)

So from finding out I passed to getting the license just under a month, would have been faster had my paperwork all been updated and stuff, good luck!
jackstatic

Postby ConquertheARE » Fri May 11, 2018 8:56 am

Does anyone have any experience with dealing with NY State Board? NCARB sent my record to the State already, and I am waiting to hear from them. Will contacting the state board help push it along? Or should I just let them “do their thing?”

It looks like based on your responses, it took a max of 6 weeks for both of you. I am on my sixth week since receiving my last pass..
ConquertheARE

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION