Im Mad....so im posting

Im Mad....so im posting

Postby tua97770 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:06 am

I had one more exam left in 4.0 before transitioning to 5.0 exams. I called back in November because I was confused about the 3 exams in a year rolling clock. Somone from NCARB I spoke with told me that my year has finished, and I can re-start with three more exams in January. I took my 1/2 PPP exams and failed AGAIN which I was pretty sad about, but I figured I have three more times so as I went to reschedule I realize I cant do so until July 7th. (which as everyone knows the 4.0 deadline is June 30th). So after leaving the gym today to see my fail, and after finding out all my exams are no void except for CDS I wept all the way home.

When I called NCARB all they could say to me was sorry she gave you the incorrect information we will look into it out our end, but you need to restart in 5.0 with the exception of your CDS exam. Does anyone have a good list of study materials, suggested supplemental reading, time spent studying for each exam and suggested order?

I really want to have my life back, I'm thinking of using the amber book for all studying, suggestions?!
tua97770

Re: Im Mad....so im posting

Postby boops » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:33 pm

tua97770 wrote:I had one more exam left in 4.0 before transitioning to 5.0 exams. I called back in November because I was confused about the 3 exams in a year rolling clock. Somone from NCARB I spoke with told me that my year has finished, and I can re-start with three more exams in January.

Log into your NCARB account and verify when your 3 exams in a year actually ended. If you post the dates of each pass/fail of all exams we can help you out!

I took my 1/2 PPP exams and failed AGAIN which I was pretty sad about, but I figured I have three more times so as I went to reschedule I realize I cant do so until July 7th. (which as everyone knows the 4.0 deadline is June 30th).

If your 3 exams in a year actually restarted, then you should be able to retake in 60 days. Again, verify this through your NCARB account.

So after leaving the gym today to see my fail, and after finding out all my exams are no void except for CDS I wept all the way home.

Im sorry. The emotional roller coaster that these exams take you on sucks sometimes. You will pass and you will become an Architect!

When I called NCARB all they could say to me was sorry she gave you the incorrect information we will look into it out our end, but you need to restart in 5.0 with the exception of your CDS exam.

Again, check your NCARB record. Also, calling NCARB doesnt always seem to work. Posting in the 5.0 community forum seems to get the best results.
boops

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION