NCARB record after exams

NCARB record after exams

Postby atmosquare » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:13 pm

I know this has been asked several times, but just checking..

1. You need your NCARB record to be active for the first licensure (after the exams are done), right? Even if your IDP records are already sent?

2. If I don't plan to relocate (reciprocity), ie, no NCARB certificate, then I can stop renewing my NCARB record after receiving the license?

3. The benefits of having had your NCARB record constantly active (ie not missing any of their fees)
is only if I apply for NCARB certificate? For your initial license, it only matters that it is active at the
time of license with all back payments fullfilled, correct?

4. As mentioned above, if I drop NCARB after first license -- and let's say, I decide to reciprocate to another state 10 years later --
I can still do that without NCARB license + their huge fees, right? My understanding was that NCARB certificate is useful if I plan to
reciprocate often.

Thanks.
atmosquare

Re: NCARB record after exams

Postby archijive » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:19 pm

Here is text from the NCARB website:

"While it’s possible to gain a reciprocal license without being certified, all 54 jurisdictions accept the Certificate and 24 require it. To find out if your jurisdiction requires the Certificate for reciprocal licensure, explore the licensing requirements tool."

1. correct
2. correct
3. NCARB will tell you they have many more benefits, but I would say reciprocity is the main one.
4. See quote above from NCARB website. Some states = yes, some states = no

Here is a link to the NCARB website that gives you a quick glance at the state requirements for each state through an interactive map. I would also encourage you to check directly with any state too to understand their rules.
I find the NCARB website very useful for NCARB related questions, and I would trust that info over any info you find on this forum, including mine.
I might also say that you can reinstate your NCARB certificate if you let it lapse, but you have to pay all the back dues for the period of inactivity.

https://www.ncarb.org/get-licensed/lice ... ments-tool
archijive

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION