Prometric Reschedule/Cancel Policy

Prometric Reschedule/Cancel Policy

Postby wws341234 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:30 am

Hi all,
I have a question on my situation, and I would like to share it with with you all to hear some feedback on what to do.

I have BDCS coming up in 08MAR and BS coming up in 17APR. If I fail BDCS, i'll book for 10MAY testing right away, and if I fail BS i'll book for 19JUN for my last shot. The problem is if I fail BDCS in 10MAY, there's no point in taking BS in 19JUN, and i should just transition right away. However, in HK you're not going to get any sitting with only 1 month booking ahead (you'll need to book at least 2 months ahead).

So now i have a potential decision to make on 26 April: Do I want to risk USD210 and book that last BS exam, or should I transition? I checked in my Prometric Appointment Confirmation email, and in the footnote they indicated cancellation of a scheduled appointment is NOT permitted.

My intention is to finish in 4.0, but there's really no point in forking out USD210 on an exam you know that will do nothing for you. Now i know some of you will say "just pass it on first go," but I've taken these exams long enough to know my own pattern, and i never pass on the first attempt. So it is very likely i will find myself in this predicament.

ARE Test Schedule 2018.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wws341234

Re: Prometric Reschedule/Cancel Policy

Postby nickedemus » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:41 am

Either commit, or don't commit. It's your money, but I think if you're going to commit to doing something, then commit to doing it. Nobody can tell you the future. It's a chance you have to take (or not).
nickedemus

Postby Coach » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:59 am

Contact ncarb &/or prometric to see if fee can be transferred to 5.0.
Coach
Site Admin

Postby atmosquare » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:46 pm

Well, like the above 2 said, commit or don't commit.
Your "what-if" question is if you fail the next 3 exams you're going to take.

I know scheduling in HK is difficult, but if passing 4.0 is top priority, then
try other options. Scheduling in Guam will be easier, for example.
Maybe that will allow you to schedule after the 2nd BDCS result.

Also, since all exam takers will be packed in the last few months, your
2nd chance dates might not be available neither. Just to keep note.

So whatever you decide, you should do what Coach said anyways, to check
if that's an option. (Although I don't think that's possible, since I've tried
rescheduling and that option isn't available. Still, check with them).
atmosquare

Postby wws341234 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:14 am

thanks for all the feedback.
A friend of mine put it in perspective for me. I've spent far more than $210 to get myself to where I am today, so risking completion in 4.0 to save $210 isn't really worth it. Point noted. Don't know what i was thinking there.
wws341234

Postby nickedemus » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:27 pm

That's really an excellent way to put it.
nickedemus

Postby fare75 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:53 am

I am also trying to pass all ARE 4.0. The June 30 deadline does give me incentive to do the studying . :lol:
Took BS (2nd attempt) this week but might have to retake again...

I am testing at HK test centre too so I understand your frustration. Did you receive this email from NCARB on Dec 2017?
(Not sure it's helpful or not because I scheduled all my exams this year back in Nov 2017 :roll: )
As an Architect Registration Examination® (ARE®) candidate who has, or may test in the Hong Kong Prometric test center, you should be aware of a new exam scheduling option. NCARB has been notified that it is sometimes difficult to find an opening in the Hong Kong testing location due to limited hours of operation. Prometric has provided us with the following opportunity to help streamline your test taking experience. Just follow these steps:
Log in to your NCARB Record and view the available days/times to test in the Hong Kong test center.
If you do not find a day/time that meets your schedule, give NCARB’s Customer Relations team a call at 1-202-879-0520. We are open Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Eastern Time.
We will work with you and the Hong Kong Prometric test center to schedule your exam.
It's that simple. Questions? Please contact NCARB Customer Relations
for help.
fare75

Postby wws341234 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:30 pm

fare75 wrote:I am also trying to pass all ARE 4.0. The June 30 deadline does give me incentive to do the studying . :lol:
Took BS (2nd attempt) this week but might have to retake again...

I am testing at HK test centre too so I understand your frustration. Did you receive this email from NCARB on Dec 2017?
(Not sure it's helpful or not because I scheduled all my exams this year back in Nov 2017 :roll: )
As an Architect Registration Examination® (ARE®) candidate who has, or may test in the Hong Kong Prometric test center, you should be aware of a new exam scheduling option. NCARB has been notified that it is sometimes difficult to find an opening in the Hong Kong testing location due to limited hours of operation. Prometric has provided us with the following opportunity to help streamline your test taking experience. Just follow these steps:
Log in to your NCARB Record and view the available days/times to test in the Hong Kong test center.
If you do not find a day/time that meets your schedule, give NCARB’s Customer Relations team a call at 1-202-879-0520. We are open Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Eastern Time.
We will work with you and the Hong Kong Prometric test center to schedule your exam.
It's that simple. Questions? Please contact NCARB Customer Relations
for help.

Yes i've received this email as well. It will def be a useful tool, especially towards the last month.
wws341234

Postby wws341234 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:30 pm

So here I am with another failed attempt. I tried to book my next exam in Prometric, but they ran out of available sittings, and the calendar only starts from June 2018, which is kind of weird. Has anyone tried calling the NCARB Customer Relations Team to get an opening? I will try to give them a call tonight to get myself an opening if possible before the deadline.
wws341234

Postby Coach » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:10 pm

wws341234 wrote:So here I am with another failed attempt. I tried to book my next exam in Prometric, but they ran out of available sittings, and the calendar only starts from June 2018, which is kind of weird. Has anyone tried calling the NCARB Customer Relations Team to get an opening? I will try to give them a call tonight to get myself an opening if possible before the deadline.

Definitely pester ncarb. Also contact your state board for intervention. Everyone having trouble scheduling must do the same -- the sooner the better.

I think this is going to be a growing problem as June approaches and wouldn't be surprised if the 4.0 sunset date gets pushed. Of course, none of you can count on that, but if each and every person can't be accommodated, I don't think they'll have a choice. That's why it's so important to keep your boards in the loop and document everything. While ncarb is just an association with no oversight, state boards have laws that must be followed.
Coach
Site Admin

Postby wws341234 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:18 am

Coach wrote:
wws341234 wrote:So here I am with another failed attempt. I tried to book my next exam in Prometric, but they ran out of available sittings, and the calendar only starts from June 2018, which is kind of weird. Has anyone tried calling the NCARB Customer Relations Team to get an opening? I will try to give them a call tonight to get myself an opening if possible before the deadline.

Definitely pester ncarb. Also contact your state board for intervention. Everyone having trouble scheduling must do the same -- the sooner the better.

I think this is going to be a growing problem as June approaches and wouldn't be surprised if the 4.0 sunset date gets pushed. Of course, none of you can count on that, but if each and every person can't be accommodated, I don't think they'll have a choice. That's why it's so important to keep your boards in the loop and document everything. While ncarb is just an association with no oversight, state boards have laws that must be followed.

Thanks Coach for the invaluable information above! I will definitely get my state board in the loop.
wws341234

Postby fare75 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:25 am

you might want to consider Guam...that what's I am going to do in late June :roll:
I wish I can nail the SD-BL :roll:
fare75

Postby Coach » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:49 am

fare75 wrote:I wish I can nail the SD-BL

It's easy!
http://arecoach.thinkific.com/courses/b ... t-playbook
Coach
Site Admin

Postby fare75 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:15 pm

Coach wrote:
fare75 wrote:I wish I can nail the SD-BL

It's easy!
http://arecoach.thinkific.com/courses/b ... t-playbook

I know it's easy...but got tricked by a non-vestibule yellow hatched space...
If I have a plan for the similar problem, I might pass next time... :roll:
fare75

Postby wws341234 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:54 pm

fare75 wrote:you might want to consider Guam...that what's I am going to do in late June :roll:

Quick update on this saga. So I've tried to bug NCARB to open up a space in HK after my last post, and short answer is - if there's no space try elsewhere. -_-

Well, I did find several openings in Guam, but i hesitated. So while i was studying for BDCS i kept going on Prometric everyday and luckily i found 1 opening in the last week of June! I immediately booked it, which i'm i did because i just found my pass on BDCS. This means i'm taking my one and only shot to finish my last exam for 4.0 in the last week of June! This is so exciting and yet nerve wrecking. i hope to come back in 4 weeks to post my "All Passed" post!
wws341234

Postby nickedemus » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:40 am

wws341234 wrote:i hope to come back in 4 weeks to post my "All Passed" post!

Me too! Your situation is so exciting! Good move being tenacious like that!!
nickedemus

Postby fare75 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:06 am

wws341234 wrote:
fare75 wrote:you might want to consider Guam...that what's I am going to do in late June :roll:

Quick update on this saga. So I've tried to bug NCARB to open up a space in HK after my last post, and short answer is - if there's no space try elsewhere. -_-

Well, I did find several openings in Guam, but i hesitated. So while i was studying for BDCS i kept going on Prometric everyday and luckily i found 1 opening in the last week of June! I immediately booked it, which i'm i did because i just found my pass on BDCS. This means i'm taking my one and only shot to finish my last exam for 4.0 in the last week of June! This is so exciting and yet nerve wrecking. i hope to come back in 4 weeks to post my "All Passed" post!

Lucky you! Last time I called NCARB about scheduling the customer service guy told me to call Prometric directly (seriously?) not helpful at all...
whatever...I've made up my mind and will reward myself at the beautiful beaches at Guam after taking 8 ARE exams in 2018 :lol:
fare75

Postby wws341234 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:20 am

fare75 wrote:
wws341234 wrote:

Lucky you! Last time I called NCARB about scheduling the customer service guy told me to call Prometric directly (seriously?) not helpful at all...
whatever...I've made up my mind and will reward myself at the beautiful beaches at Guam after taking 8 ARE exams in 2018 :lol:

That's funny you mention that, since I started by reaching out to Prometric but they told me i had to arrange this through NCARB.
wws341234

Postby wws341234 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:47 am

So a quick update to my situation if anyone is still reading this section. I took my last and only shot in BS, and I just found out tonight that I passed. I'm so happy I'm completely overwhelmed! This marks the end to my ARE journey, and now I can finally write my All Passed and Done post! For all those of you still pushing on, never give up.
wws341234

Postby nickedemus » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:50 pm

Great work! Congratulations!!
nickedemus

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION