What happens if I fail 1/3 transition tests before deadline

What happens if I fail 1/3 transition tests before deadline

Postby anonymous283 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:09 pm

I registered for 4.0 a few years ago, took CDS, failed and was so pissed I never wanted to touch it again as I passed the main topic of the test but failed in sub categories which included many questions on sustainability... Now I have time again to take the tests. I could feasible take all 3 that I need to do to only have to take 2 in 5.0 before June 30th, but if I fail any of them, I won't be able to retake them in time right? Or is there an exception if you do fail a 4.0 that you can take it again after the deadline?
anonymous283

Re: What happens if I fail 1/3 transition tests before deadl

Postby Coach » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:33 pm

anonymous283 wrote:Now I have time again to take the tests. I could feasible take all 3 that I need to do to only have to take 2 in 5.0 before June 30th,

You can just pass CDS and PPP and still just need a total of 5 required exams. You should take CDS first.

but if I fail any of them, I won't be able to retake them in time right?

You can retake in 60 days. You actually have time for 3 attempts each.

Or is there an exception if you do fail a 4.0 that you can take it again after the deadline?

Nope.
Coach
Site Admin

Postby anonymous283 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:49 pm

Thank you for the response. Should I go for taking those 2 now? I see that if I do take those 2 4.0 test that they overlap with even more tests but aren't the full credit. I am trying to do this as simply and easily as possible. I have never failed a test in my life so I was really surprised when I failed CDS. I did 6 practice tests! I feel like just giving up entirely on 4.0 if the 5.0 tests don't have as many random weird questions.
anonymous283

Postby thd7t » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:22 pm

I took two 4.0 exams (CDS and PPP) and then transitioned for the 5 exam method and have taken one 5.0 exam (PA). I understand your frustration over the CDS exam, but many of the test questions on 5.0 come from the same exam bank as 4.0 exams. I feel like the 5.0 exams are more analytic, but a lot of people think they're very random.

I'd advise you to look at your failed score report for CDS and see where you had trouble. There are really good resources available, particularly for CDS. If you didn't listen to the Schiff Hardin Lectures while reading contracts and taking notes on your first time through, do that. That covers more exam material for CDS than anything else.
thd7t

Postby Coach » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:02 pm

anonymous283 wrote:Thank you for the response. Should I go for taking those 2 now? I see that if I do take those 2 4.0 test that they overlap with even more tests but aren't the full credit. I am trying to do this as simply and easily as possible.

You have nothing to lose by attempting CDS. If you pass CDS and nothing else in 4.0, you still get credit for one 5.0 exam. Once you pass CDS, you can try PPP to cut the number of remaining exams from 5 to 3.

I have never failed a test in my life so I was really surprised when I failed CDS. I did 6 practice tests! I feel like just giving up entirely on 4.0 if the 5.0 tests don't have as many random weird questions.

5.0 is no panacea. The questions are essentially the same.
Coach
Site Admin

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION