Done finally...Thank You ARE Coach Forum...!!!

Done finally...Thank You ARE Coach Forum...!!!

Postby Str3tch » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:08 pm

Today I received great news...I finally passed my final exam - Structures
I started this journey of licensure (officially) in 2010.
However, because of PROCRASTINATION, I didn't attained my first pass until 2013.
The next 4 years thereafter was gruelling. Below is a snapshot of my journey after 17 attempts...
_2013 - pass | CDS x3 ; SD x1
_2014 - pass | PPP x1
_2016 - pass | BDCS x2; BS x3; SPD x5
_2017 - pass | SS x2

My resources, but not limited to...
The internet; Youtube; Jenny Notes; Gang Chen books; Thaddeus Seminar; Prepare ARE (in my opinion the best for SS study); Dilip Khatri (youtube); Kaplan and Ballast.

I'm sharing this to encourage you, my fellow colleagues to continue your perseverance. In 2015 I took the AREs 5 times and failed all attempts and almost gave up altogether.
However, with the encouragement of my friends and family, quitting was not an option, even as the frustration was building.
As you can see it has been a long road for me...but I was determined that the light at the end of the tunnel was not the incoming train.
To the ARE Coach FAMILY...I say a big THANK YOU. I would not have excelled without your support.
In return, I intend to pay it forward by lending my support to this forum.

Regards,
Str3tch
Last edited by Str3tch on Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Str3tch

Re: Done finally...Thank You ARE Coach Forum...!!!

Postby vrcat25 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:26 am

Str3tch wrote:Today I received great news...I finally passed my final exam - Structures
I started this journey of licensure (officially) in 2010.
However, because of PROCRASTINATION, I didn't it attained my first pass until 2013.
The next 4 years thereafter was gruelling. Below is a snapshot of my journey after 17 attempts...
_2013 - pass | CDS x3 ; SD x1
_2014 - pass | PPP x1
_2016 - pass | BDCS x2; BS x3; SPD x5
_2017 - pass | SS x2

My resources, but not limited to...
The internet; Youtube; Jenny Notes; Gang Chen books; Thaddeus Seminar; Prepare ARE (in my opinion the best for SS study); Dilip Khatri (youtube); Kaplan and Ballast.

I'm sharing this to encourage you, my fellow colleagues to continue your perseverance. In 2015 I took the AREs 5 times and failed all attempts and almost gave up altogether.
However, with the encouragement of my friends and family I learnt never quit, even as the frustration was building.
As you can see it has been a long road for me... but I was determined that the light at the end of the tunnel was not the incoming train.
To the ARE Coach FAMILY...I say a big THANK YOU. I would not have excelled without your support.
In return intend to pay it forward by lending my support to this forum.

Regards,
Str3tch

Awesome! Good for you for not giving up. I noticed you had to take SPD 5x and passed PPP on the first try. I had more of a problem with PPP (4x) and less with SPD (2x).This just comes to show that everybody is different and every test is different. Congrats and thanks for sharing your experience! :)
vrcat25

Re: Done finally...Thank You ARE Coach Forum...!!!

Postby greek22 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:52 am

Congratulations! I can't imagine how happy and relieved you must feel to have completed your journey. I find this post very motivating and inspiring - more so than the "I passed 7 exams in a month" type posts. I'm currently struggling with PPP right now - I've taken it so many times and would just like to move on to the next exam. I passed CDS after a few attempts and I passed SPD on the first try. Thanks for sharing!
greek22

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION