Failing same test 3x within 12 months - advice!

Failing same test 3x within 12 months - advice!

Postby adamgidaszewski » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:19 pm

Hi All,

I apologize in advance if this has been addressed here before - I'm sure it has.

I've left a message and written an email to NCARB trying to get clarification on this but I haven't heard anything back.

I've passed CDS and took SPD yesterday - obviously still waiting on the results. In the mean time, I want to conquer PPP before the end of the year (personal goal). But here's my predicament - my first attempt at PPP was December 1, 2016. I then took it again on August 25th and just barely failed (Level 2 on just 1 section).

I want to take PPP again ASAP - since I've been aggressively studying for CDS & SPD for the last 6 weeks.

A coworker of mine ran into this same exact problem and said he was not made aware of it until he actually failed PPP 3 times within 12 months, but he couldn't remember what the consequences were exactly...

My question is this:
If I take PPP again before December 1, 2017, and fail, do I simply have to wait until my 60 day wait period is up to test again (which would bring me out of my 12 month window) or is there an additional time penalty that I'd need to wait because I've failed the same test 3 times in a 12 month window?

Obviously, if there's an additional time penalty, I'll wait until after 12/1, I'm just trying to take PPP ASAP since the material is somewhat fresh in my head and I haven't started my holiday binge eating/drinking just yet :roll:

Again, sorry if this is a bit of a redundant/silly quesiton

But any help?

Thanks!
adamgidaszewski

Re: Failing same test 3x within 12 months - advice!

Postby Coach » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:22 am

It's 3 attempts in any 12-month period. So, after your 3rd fail, the next attempt must be at least one year after your first of those 3 attempts.
Coach
Site Admin

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION