AXP Hours or Portfolio?

AXP Hours or Portfolio?

Postby Raja » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:21 am

I have 20 years' experience and am a senior level project manager. I've assumed I should go with the portfolio fulfillment of AXP but now that I have been reviewing the requirements in detail, I wonder if it's better to go with the hours route.

I don't have digital or hard copies of everything I've done over the years that they seem to be asking for, though I've performed the work.

Opinions?
Raja

Re: AXP Hours or Portfolio?

Postby chrisp858 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:14 am

Hi Raja, I'm now in a similar position. I'm not sure which route to go either: AXP Portfolio or Experience Setting A. I have 16+ years of Architectural practice experience (Project Management work too) and was wondering what you ended up doing? I'm trying to weigh the pros and cons of each; the first plan was to go the Portfolio route with Settings A as my backup, but it sounds like more overall work than needed and will probably end up balancing out the same...thanks in advance Raja.

Chris
chrisp858

Re: AXP Hours or Portfolio?

Postby fliparch » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:57 pm

Go with the AXP hours. I was also in the same boat as you guys were. I have more than 20 years experience but did not log in my IDP/AXP until 2014 by pure luck. I logged them in bulk which took care of more than half needed and after i passed all my exams...i went back and logged the remaining 2014 through 2017 hours which took me over the top. Good luck.
fliparch

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION