Many questions are too small to read for 5.0 PPD and PDD

Many questions are too small to read for 5.0 PPD and PDD

Postby vrcat25 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:26 pm

Believe it or not, the scale factor is too small for many of the questions for PPD and PDD and when i contacted NCARB customer service, there was no resolution. I've read multiple threads where people have complained about the same issue. Will NCARB ever resolve or even acknowledge this problem??? I have 20/20 vision and i absolutely could not read some of the questions and diagrams on this test. I find it absolutely crazy that architecture registration exams have too small of scale factors. What can be done to help fix this serious issue? I called customer service and got no resolution so what other steps should i take???
vrcat25

Re: Many questions are too small to read for 5.0 PPD and PDD

Postby kerzzo » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:33 pm

according to the spec the images are suitable for 23" monitors if I recall correctly, but the screen we usually test on is like 15"-17"?
do you recall your screen at the test center?
kerzzo

Postby vrcat25 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:39 pm

The monitors weren't the problem...They were around 21"...The problem was that the scale factor was off for the specific questions. Either way, NCARB needs to address this issue. How many people have to miss questions and fail before NCARB will address it???
vrcat25

Postby kerzzo » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:49 pm

vrcat25---yes, that I did notice...had something asking for a certain distance, but there was only a graphic scale to it...talk about really "eye-balling it"
kerzzo

Postby Joz » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:26 pm

Someone on another board had a problem where the monitor at the testing center wasn't set up properly, and all his circles were ellipses. Could it be the aspect ratio or whatever, and the testing center maybe has a fix?
Joz

Postby vrcat25 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:07 am

Joz wrote:Someone on another board had a problem where the monitor at the testing center wasn't set up properly, and all his circles were ellipses. Could it be the aspect ratio or whatever, and the testing center maybe has a fix?

It wasn't the aspect ratio...it was the scale factor. The diagrams and details were way too small. I contacted NCARB and they didn't seem interested in fixing it.
vrcat25

Postby techtonix » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:35 am

THIS IS THE PROBLEM WITH NCARB, NO ACCOUNTABILITY
they will either become accountable or will not survive
techtonix

Postby techtonix » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:38 am

PLEASE PLEASE contact your state licensing representative immediately.
My state licensing board was VERY responsive to my complaining about lack of testing chairs for ARE 4.0
I suspect becoming angry with NCARB directly might jeopardize your standing.
techtonix

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION