PPD or PDD first?

PPD or PDD first?

Postby lili14es » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:35 pm

Hello,
I'm transitioning to 5.0. I've already passed CDs, PPP, and SPD in 4.0. Should I take PPD or PDD first?
lili14es

Re: PPD or PDD first?

Postby kerzzo » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:26 am

i hear people take them a couple of days within each other...usually PPD first...supposedly (and obviously) PDD is harder..depends on where your strengths or weaknesses are....
kerzzo

Postby vrcat25 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:24 pm

I agree with kerzzo. It really doesn't matter which order and there's so much overlap that you might be better off taking them at the same time. That being said, I found PDD to be much more difficult than PPD and it seems that the vast majority have said the same. I would suggest studying BS, SS, BDCS and schedule PPD first and give it a try to see how you do. PDD is suppose to be more technical, but i didn't really feel that was an issue for me. My problem was that there were far more WTF questions, if that's possible. For me, 50% of the questions for PPD were "best guess" WTF questions that were very ambiguous. For PDD 80% of the questions were WTF! It's hard to explain without taking the test, but i would take either one so that you get your feet wet and see where you are. In all honesty, most of the questions are hypothetical for both test and pretty much impossible to study and prepare for. It's sad to say, but there's no real rhyme or reason behind either test that i can find. A few others have had better luck, but most fail this test there first time. It's pretty safe to say that more than 50% of the people that take either test fail, based on comments in AREcoach. Both test are way more difficult than they should be. Not trying to scare you...Just trying to prepare you....I'd study all the relevant content areas and make sure you are very proficient at navigating thru the case studies. "Time" is the biggest factor so maybe if you take PPD, you will be a little more prepared.
vrcat25

Postby lili14es » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:04 pm

vrcat25 wrote:I agree with kerzzo. It really doesn't matter which order and there's so much overlap that you might be better off taking them at the same time. That being said, I found PDD to be much more difficult than PPD and it seems that the vast majority have said the same. I would suggest studying BS, SS, BDCS and schedule PPD first and give it a try to see how you do. PDD is suppose to be more technical, but i didn't really feel that was an issue for me. My problem was that there were far more WTF questions, if that's possible. For me, 50% of the questions for PPD were "best guess" WTF questions that were very ambiguous. For PDD 80% of the questions were WTF! It's hard to explain without taking the test, but i would take either one so that you get your feet wet and see where you are. In all honesty, most of the questions are hypothetical for both test and pretty much impossible to study and prepare for. It's sad to say, but there's no real rhyme or reason behind either test that i can find. A few others have had better luck, but most fail this test there first time. It's pretty safe to say that more than 50% of the people that take either test fail, based on comments in AREcoach. Both test are way more difficult than they should be. Not trying to scare you...Just trying to prepare you....I'd study all the relevant content areas and make sure you are very proficient at navigating thru the case studies. "Time" is the biggest factor so maybe if you take PPD, you will be a little more prepared.

Thanks for your detailed answer vrcat25. I think what I'll do is study for both at the same time, but go in and take PPD first. It's so scary transitioning. I have coworkers that have passed the big three 4.0 exams their first time, but can't pass the 5.0 exams. However, I don't think I have an option at this point as to whether I should transition or not, since I would only have 11 months to pass 4 exams. I don't have much experience and so it takes a me a little longer studying than others. Well, anyways, again thanks!!
lili14es

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION