Health benefits in California confusion

Health benefits in California confusion

Postby cafefille » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:31 pm

I have a very specific question that I have googled to death and can't seem to find an exact, current answer for. I just moved from Ohio to California in May. In mid June, I started working for an architecture firm in LA that employs 5 people total. They gave me a probationary period of 4 months, so my benefits, including health insurance, do not kick in until then. From research, I have found that employers must offer health insurance for after the first 90 days (and at some point, CA even required 60?). I wonder if what my boss is doing is legal, because maybe having only 5 FTE's means you don't need to follow those rules. But if he is in fact supposed to offer me insurance after 90 days, I'd like to show him some solid proof of this and argue with him...

I'm quickly learning that I hate working for a small firm that has no HR and can't help me in situations like this... Thanks for any advice anyone can provide me.
cafefille

Re: Health benefits in California confusion

Postby Coach » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:31 am

cafefille wrote:I have a very specific question that I have googled to death and can't seem to find an exact, current answer for.

Really?

Not required under 50 FTE.
Coach
Site Admin

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION