Testing Advice - Transition to 5.0?

Testing Advice - Transition to 5.0?

Postby 4RunnerHoney » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:21 pm

I need some advice on what I should do next.
My rolling clock has hit and my situation is getting more complicated.

I have passed 5 exams in 4.0 and have 2 remaining (BS and Structures). I have recently failed BS twice and not eligible to retake till 8/20.
My rolling clock has hit and I will lose Schematic Design on 8/9, CDS on 9/27 and Site Planning on 11/29.

I am in a pickle. Should I stay in 4.0 and take 3 remaining tests or transition to 5.0? If I transition, I will be taking Project Planning and Design and Project Development and Documentation. What is the view on 5.0? Any thoughts?
4RunnerHoney

Re: Testing Advice - Transition to 5.0?

Postby Coach » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:38 pm

Coach
Site Admin

Re: Testing Advice - Transition to 5.0?

Postby billyz » Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:56 pm

I was in a very similar situation a few months ago when i decided to transition. Best decision i ever made! I can't tell you what to do because everyone's situation and knowledge base is different. If you can possibly take PPD and PDD twice before CDS expires, then it's worth considering. I studied for 2 weeks, reviewing BS, BCDS, and SPD material, watching all the Amber videos, and taking the Ballast 5.0 practice tests. I took PPD and PDD on consecutive days and passed. I'm not sure what your job experience is, but to me, ARE 5.0 seems to be geared more toward real-world experience. I've been with my current firm for 12 years and i think that had a lot to do with my compatibility with PPD and PDD. Pray about it - good luck!
billyz

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION