initial license question

initial license question

Postby ZHAOYANG » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:58 pm

Hello dear all,
Does anyone have the same situation like me? I got my bachelor of architecture, 5 years program out of US. Then did master of architecture two years first professional degree programs in virginia tech, which is fully accredited by the National Architectural Accrediting Board. Now I finished all IDP hours and pass all exams, waiting NCARB to transfer result to board. But NCARB told me: " A review of your degree from Virginia Tech indicates that an undergraduate degree was as part of the admission requirements. Before we can complete the evaluation you will need to request basis of admission letter from VT." As NCARB said this letter is to prove that my undergraduate degree is accepted by VT. Which is so wired that if it is not accepted, how can I attend to VT? So NCARB already contact VT, but VT refused to provide one. Absolutely, how can the school provide another admission letter after the student graduated several years?

I just sent NCARB my admission letter from virginia tech many years ago which just like a welcome letter, Not sure if NCARB accept it.
ZHAOYANG

Re: initial license question

Postby Coach » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:23 pm

It sounds like ncarb is wanting to act like your state, which is possible I suppose because some states can't take care of themselves and give ncarb too much authority.

You should contact your board.
Coach
Site Admin

Postby ZHAOYANG » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:58 am

Thank you very much, coach!
NCARB finally reply me that the letter I gave to them is not accepted, but they contact with school and got a new one....so now just waiting.
ZHAOYANG

Postby ZHAOYANG » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:38 pm

Finally got my license number after complete exams for 3 months, got license number and registration for first three years.....Now just realize I even do not have an AIA membership account....
ZHAOYANG

Postby Coach » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:47 pm

Aia membership is not required.
Coach
Site Admin

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION