Final Pass

Final Pass

Postby ekelsey15 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:21 am

These tests suck. They mentally and physically drain you. I've never considered myself a good test taker. Typically I am better with actual practice and hands-on type things than sitting in a room trying to figure out a hypothetical question.

I finished in less than 2 years and before the age of 30 (4 1/2 months short) which is crazy because I was close to about 6 months between exams at the beginning and thought well as long as I finish before I turn 31.

I took my first test CDS at the end of June 2015, I would be on vacation when I got the results right after July 4th. My thought was if I pass I'm on the beach, if I fail, well I'm still on a beach.. Wanna know how to ruin your last two days of a good vacation? Get bad news. So I walked out of the test center thinking I killed it. I don't know how wrong I was but when I got that fail I was so let down it was unbelievable. I decided to take CDS again around Christmas. I think I got my results the day before NYE. I passed. My biggest thing was that I learned how NCARB asks questions and what they are wanting. You can't answers these questions with what really happens, its all about the NCARB answer (which I do not think is always the right answer).. Anyway then came SPD and PPP. Both passed on my first try. Some where down the road I decided that at the rate I was taking tests I was better off to transition rather than risk a fail with no time before June '18 for a retake and have to take those two anyway... So I took PPD and passed then PDD and passed.

These tests are hard, but I don't feel like they are as hard as some people make them out to be. Nothing against those people. But people are different, what works for one wont always work for another. They just need to find their groove with it. And I hope they do, good luck to them.

As for myself, I will probably hang around and check back in often. I've been on this site almost every day for the last 2 years.

Thank you to all those who have given help.
ekelsey15

Re: Final Pass

Postby nickedemus » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:55 am

Nice work. Congratulations!
nickedemus

Postby corbismyhomeboy » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:53 am

Congratulations ekelsey!! The feeling is amazing - hope you get to celebrate!
corbismyhomeboy

Postby ekelsey15 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:04 am

My wife said we're going to dinner but we are in the midst of buying and selling houses so I told her no. I'm sure we will end up somewhere. Thanks !
ekelsey15

Postby gbalaka » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:03 am

Congrats.

Completing these exams feels better than graduation doesn't it? Enjoy life as an Architect!
gbalaka

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION