Prometric Equipment

Prometric Equipment

Postby Joz » Wed May 10, 2017 8:37 am

Have just thought of something, now that I'm FINALLY getting my sh*t together and DOING THIS THING. (I graduated in 2000. Don't judge.)

Can I bring my own mouse to Prometric?
I'm rather attached to my thumb-ball mouse. To the extent that I hate regular mouses. Particularly if they're quirky (sticky, unclicky, squeaky).
If I can't (I'm betting that I can't), they're optical mouses, eh? No de-gunk-ing required? Is it possible to adjust the tracking speed?!

I'm'a practice the vignettes with a regular mouse (ugh) just in case, I suppose. Provided I decide to do the 4/5 flip. Depending on the mouse situation, it may decide me to go Fully 5.0 and eschew the vignettes altogether.

Thanks much for any insight. :)
-Joz
Joz

Re: Prometric Equipment

Postby jmsphm » Wed May 10, 2017 10:42 am

I'm sorry but if the mouse is your biggest concern about taking the ARE's, then you're in trouble. They look in your pockets to see if you have change, what makes you think they'll let you bring your own mouse in?
jmsphm

Postby Joz » Wed May 10, 2017 2:58 pm

I was pretty sure they wouldn't. Unless someone's gone through some sort of medical dispensation for carpal tunnel (which is why I started using the weird mouse in the first place).
I was quite proud of myself for recognizing early on (if you can call 15 years of on/off studying and false-starting on the process "early") what would surely cramp my style on walking into an exam, and the realization that I needed to practice for it.
Sorry my concern (rest assured, it's NOT my biggest) is so trivial to you. Feel free to ignore my posts in future, that I won't waste your time on replies to my asinine questions. :p
Joz

Postby gbalaka » Wed May 10, 2017 4:14 pm

Joz wrote:I was pretty sure they wouldn't. Unless someone's gone through some sort of medical dispensation for carpal tunnel (which is why I started using the weird mouse in the first place).
I was quite proud of myself for recognizing early on (if you can call 15 years of on/off studying and false-starting on the process "early") what would surely cramp my style on walking into an exam, and the realization that I needed to practice for it.
Sorry my concern (rest assured, it's NOT my biggest) is so trivial to you. Feel free to ignore my posts in future, that I won't waste your time on replies to my asinine questions. :p

The only thing you can bring into the room are your clothes, your ID and a key to your locker (if you put stuff in a locker). That's it.

And yes, they will even check to see if you have stuff in your "coin" pocket....they're very strict.

I suggest you practice with a regular mouse. That should not be a reason for automatically switching to 5.0. You do still have to click stuff in 5.0.
gbalaka

Postby nickedemus » Thu May 11, 2017 5:46 am

gbalaka wrote:The only thing you can bring into the room are your clothes, your ID and a key to your locker (if you put stuff in a locker). That's it.

And yes, they will even check to see if you have stuff in your "coin" pocket....they're very strict.

I agree with the above. Practice with a regular mouse. It makes a difference.
It's also helpful to set yourself up with 11x17 paper folded into a booklet and two pencils that you can't sharpen.
nickedemus

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION