How much time do you typically study after failing an exam?

How much time do you typically study after failing an exam?

Postby tmston2 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:06 pm

plain and simple, how much time do you typically study after failing an exam?
Thanks,
tmston2

Re: How much time do you typically study after failing an ex

Postby nickedemus » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:25 pm

I failed two, SPD (site design vignette) and SD.

For SPD, I did about two weeks of studying just prior to the test. Multiple choice after work and vignette during lunch. Even though I passed MC the first time, I felt like I should still study for it. Kinda sucked to have to retake the whole test for one stupid error.

For SD, I did about three weeks, but only after work. I thought that was kind of a fun test, though.
nickedemus

Postby tmston2 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:31 pm

^ Thanks, I failed PDD back in november and i have not really started to study for it, I looked at the saturdays availabel to test and it boils down to 2weeks from today or 4weeks from
today or 6weeks from today, I was thinking 4weeks should be fine but happy about 2nd opinion
tmston2

Postby gbalaka » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:57 am

I failed one exam (SPD) awhile back and I remember i essentially re-booked the same exam exactly 2 months from that date (earliest available eligible date). So...i spent two months.

In the meantime, I cracked open Ballast and that's when i found out about this website as well as Designer Hacks where I took additional practice exams. I wouldn't wait too long as you'll start forgetting things....but that's my opinion.
gbalaka

Postby corbismyhomeboy » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:54 pm

Depends on what exam and what pushed you into failing. I failed BDCS - the roof vignette I got a 2, the stair vignette I got a 3 (knew that I messed up as I tried to change my solution at the last minute) and failed the multiple choice section that is the highest percentage of the exam. I took it later after a few exams, but I barely studied for it. I felt confident going in that I knew my stuff, and just made sure to focus all of my time on the vignettes. After taking 4 other exams, I felt much more prepared since BDCS is one of the catch-all exams.

All that to say, even if you are in 5.0 with no vignettes, I think it really just depends how comfortable you feel with the info, and how much time you think you need to master it. It's different for everyone.
corbismyhomeboy

Postby tmston2 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:13 am

Thanks guys
tmston2

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION