Help!Anyone goes through the Appeal Process?

Help!Anyone goes through the Appeal Process?

Postby passpasspass » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:33 am

I just got the result for my LAST ARE4.0 exam - BDCS( which took 1 week longer than usual to be posted), and it got FAILED!!

I am pretty confident about my answers since I almost recalled and checked all the questions I am not sure right after the completion of this exam, and most of the answers I provided turns out to be correct. But I still get failed with 1 division at level 1 and 3 divisions( including 2 vignettes) at level 2....This is so frustrated....And that makes me start suspect that my answers did not saved correctly through the computer system, since I DID experience an unusual slow down when I ended and submitted my exam.

I am thinking about going through the appeal process. And I called NCARB, they say 100 bucks for each division re-reviewed, if the results show that NCARB got mistakes I can get the fees refund. I really eager to do this even it costs a lot. However, I searched online, seems nobody has ever successfully made it, they all ended up with retaking exams without access to see the record ourselves and nobody no what happened behind.....

I just wondering anyone ever went through this, How long usually it will take, and any suggestions?
And since this is the last exam before I am eligible to take the California Supplemental Exam, I have to wait another 2 months to retake it and start preparing the CSE, is it possible to get eligible during this appeal waiting period?

Many thanks!
passpasspass

Re: Help!Anyone goes through the Appeal Process?

Postby Coach » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:45 pm

passpasspass wrote:And that makes me start suspect that my answers did not saved correctly through the computer system, since I DID experience an unusual slow down when I ended and submitted my exam.

No way to prove that.

any suggestions?

Waste of time and money.

And since this is the last exam before I am eligible to take the California Supplemental Exam, I have to wait another 2 months to retake it and start preparing the CSE, is it possible to get eligible during this appeal waiting period?

No.
Coach
Site Admin

Postby gbalaka » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:04 am

......sorry to break it you bud, but what if you gave the wrong answers that you thought were right? What material did you study?

Level 2 on the vignettes is not good. This means you made several "small" mistakes. I know you feel confident about the exam, but the answers you gave are obviously what NCARB is not looking for. You're graded by a computer and you're graded in a matter of seconds. There's very little room for error.

I wouldn't bother going through the appeals process. NCARB takes forever!

I would suggest for you to just re-take the test. You'll do much better the second time.

I know it's frustrating, but I wouldn't challenge the exam. I would only challenge it if you're approaching your 5 year rolling clock mark and you don't want to lose an exam, but you don't sound like a slacker and i have a feeling you're knocking out these exams one after the other.
gbalaka

Postby thd7t » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:25 am

It pretty much looks like the cheapest, quickest, least aggravating, and most likely to get the result you want (a pass), is to take the exam again. You're trying to make up three divisions. Even if two get overturned, you wouldn't pass. However, that's not likely. You've already done a lot of studying and you can bet that the review time will be more than the 6 weeks (less now) until you can retake. Overall, it's cheaper and easier for you to test again, even if there were errors.
thd7t

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION