FAILD CDS

FAILD CDS

Postby Maria » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:30 am

Hey ! I just got my CDS exam fail for the second time and i think i am going to try and take another exam any suggestion on which exam i should take and what material to study for them ?
Maria

Re: FAILD CDS

Postby sogevork » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:44 am

I am sorry about your fail. I failed that one once too.
The second time I made sure I know my contracts
http://www.schiffhardin.com/professiona ... notes-2015
I read the contracts once, took notes, then listened to the above lectures while following the contracts and took notes again.

The rest of the material in the exam is almost repeating in SPD and PPP.
Next you want to take one of those. I suggest PPP. By the time you are done taking that one you will be able to take CDS again, and after that you can take SPD

Good luck!
sogevork

Re: FAILD CDS

Postby danielamdg » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:51 am

Sorry to hear that, and I feel your pain... I failed CDS too... worst part is that the way NCARB "grades" them, made me feel kinda stupid... even if you 'pass' a section, you are "minimally qualified"? WTF?!

Anyway, I am trying to set aside my frustration and focus on a different one in between the 2 month wait for the re-take.

I think PPP is a good way to go, there'a a lot of overlap, and my weak areas of CDS were Practice Management and Environmental, which PPP covers. What I was thinking is taking PPP in 6 weeks, and then re-taking CDS 2 weeks after that while everything is still fresh in my mind.

Good luck!!
danielamdg

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION