How to finish registration

How to finish registration

Postby Herb » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:40 pm

Hi all:

I passed all the divisions. (Thanks a lot for your advice and helps :D) Still have one more question, how to finish my registration? :D
Herb

Re: How to finish registration

Postby Sparky83 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:34 am

Herb wrote:Hi all:

I passed all the divisions. (Thanks a lot for your advice and helps :D) Still have one more question, how to finish my registration? :D

Ask your state board.
Sparky83

Postby Herb » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:57 am

Sparky83 wrote:

Ask your state board.

Where to start? Through NCARB website? It is not easy for me to "ask". I appreciate if you can tell me more details. :)
Herb

Postby Neves » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:42 am

You should get an email from NCARB congratulating you on completing AXP and ARE and that they are formally reviewing your record after which they will send it to the state board you signed up with to take the test.

They will be sending you another email when they finish the formal review and send your record to the state board this takes up to 30 business days from when you received the letter of initial formal review from NCARB.

Once your state board receives your record they will send you a letter asking for a fee to issue you an actual license after they get your fee they put your name on the board's agenda for the next scheduled meeting at which time they approve your state license.

It's a good idea to follow up with NCARB because they tend to sit on things, in general, they are slower over email so just call 202-879-0520. I would also call your state board and let them know you completed the ARE and wanted to know the specifics of what happens next.
Neves

Postby Sparky83 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:58 am

Herb wrote:
Sparky83 wrote:

Ask your state board.

Where to start? Through NCARB website? It is not easy for me to "ask". I appreciate if you can tell me more details. :)

Did your state approve you to sit for the exam? Did you fill out an application with them? Do they have a website with a phone number?
Sparky83

Postby Coach » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:52 am

Unbelievable.
Coach
Site Admin

Postby rwwon » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:34 pm

Gotta love it.
rwwon

Postby Herb » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:03 pm

Neves wrote:You should get an email from NCARB congratulating you on completing AXP and ARE and that they are formally reviewing your record after which they will send it to the state board you signed up with to take the test.

They will be sending you another email when they finish the formal review and send your record to the state board this takes up to 30 business days from when you received the letter of initial formal review from NCARB.

Once your state board receives your record they will send you a letter asking for a fee to issue you an actual license after they get your fee they put your name on the board's agenda for the next scheduled meeting at which time they approve your state license.

It's a good idea to follow up with NCARB because they tend to sit on things, in general, they are slower over email so just call 202-879-0520. I would also call your state board and let them know you completed the ARE and wanted to know the specifics of what happens next.

Thank you very much! Your advice helps me a lot!
Herb

Postby Herb » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:10 pm

Sparky83 wrote:
Herb wrote:
Sparky83 wrote:

Ask your state board.

Did your state approve you to sit for the exam? Did you fill out an application with them? Do they have a website with a phone number?

I have not been in US for years. I apologize if there are some misunderstandings.
Herb

Postby Sparky83 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:33 pm

Herb wrote:
Sparky83 wrote:
Herb wrote:
Sparky83 wrote:

Ask your state board.

I have not been in US for years. I apologize if there are some misunderstandings.

It doesn't matter where you are. You must go through a state board to become licensed/registered.
That state board can give you their procedure. It varies by state. Normally that information is available on a state website. If not, just call them or email them and ask. They won't bite.
Sparky83

Postby little12 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:17 pm

NCARB has guidelines for each state right on their site. Each (or at least the ones I looked at) has an email contact of someone you can ask questions. They almost all have their links to the applications that need to be filled out. Some are easy, some are a pain in the ass. But you have to apply to whatever state you want a license in--that's your part to do. NCARB does their part and sends your record to them based on who you selected when you started testing. Check your account and then check the website.
little12

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION