NCARB HOLDS TRANSITION UNTIL JUNE 2018?

NCARB HOLDS TRANSITION UNTIL JUNE 2018?

Postby dlania » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:03 am

As many others, i have questions about the transition process between ARE 4.0 and ARE 5.0.

Last year, I fulfilled all my requirements to be eligible for ARE 4.0 and at the moment I have scheduled my first exam under 4.0 but my clock has not started yet as havent taken any exams yet. My question is if i pass CDS, PPP and SP (as required by NCARB), when will i be able to transition to 5.0 to take the remaining two exams to finalized the Architecture licensing exams requirements? I thought I could transition at anytime but I noticed that one of my colleagues was unable to. She has already started her exams and the clock is clicking as she has passed a few under 4.0, but when she tried to transition to 5.0, the NCARB system placed her on hold and stated that she's unable to transition to 5.0.

So, I am wondering if it will be the same case for me if I start my exams under 4.0, is it that i will only be able to transition to 5.0 on 6/30/2018 or I could transition right away after passing all 3 required exams under 4.0 (CDS, PPP, SP)
dlania

Re: NCARB HOLDS TRANSITION UNTIL JUNE 2018?

Postby are15 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:59 am

You (and your friend) should be able to transition at any time. I'd advise your friend to contact NCARB and see why she couldn't transition. Maybe she owes them money or their system was down? Just a few ideas...only NCARB will have the real answer.
are15

Postby archmart » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:46 pm

I think this happens when you currently have an exam scheduled or it hasn't been graded yet. You shouldn't have any issues, if not I would call NCARB.
archmart

Postby cchoudesign » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:20 pm

Mine shows I'm able to transition when I login, but after I scheduled my exam, the transition option is disabled.
cchoudesign

Postby vrcat25 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:05 am

dlania wrote:My question is if i pass CDS, PPP and SP (as required by NCARB), when will i be able to transition to 5.0 to take the remaining two exams to finalized the Architecture licensing exams requirements?

Correct me if i'm wrong, but i don't think you are required to pass any of the tests in 4.0 in order to transition. However, it would be advantageous to pass those 3 since you would get credit for 4 tests and only need to pass 2 more in 5.0. As are15 stated, I would suggest you and your friend contact NCARB. It sounds like there's a system issue.
vrcat25

Postby volksnick » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:54 am

If you have scheduled an exam or have recently taken an exam and have not received your pass/fail, then you will be unable to complete the transition until that process is complete. Essentially, you cannot have an "open" 4.0 exam on the books when you transfer.
volksnick

Postby vrcat25 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:29 pm

dlania wrote:As many others, i have questions about the transition process between ARE 4.0 and ARE 5.0.

Last year, I fulfilled all my requirements to be eligible for ARE 4.0 and at the moment I have scheduled my first exam under 4.0 but my clock has not started yet as havent taken any exams yet. My question is if i pass CDS, PPP and SP (as required by NCARB), when will i be able to transition to 5.0 to take the remaining two exams to finalized the Architecture licensing exams requirements? I thought I could transition at anytime but I noticed that one of my colleagues was unable to. She has already started her exams and the clock is clicking as she has passed a few under 4.0, but when she tried to transition to 5.0, the NCARB system placed her on hold and stated that she's unable to transition to 5.0.

So, I am wondering if it will be the same case for me if I start my exams under 4.0, is it that i will only be able to transition to 5.0 on 6/30/2018 or I could transition right away after passing all 3 required exams under 4.0 (CDS, PPP, SP)

The information you were given is incorrect. You can transition at any time as long as you don't have a test scheduled. As I mentioned earlier, you don't have to pass ANY tests in 4.0. It's probably the smartest route, but it's not "required". Does your friend have a test scheduled? If not, it must be a system issue. This being said, make sure that neither you nor your friend transition until AFTER your have passed the tests you want to pass in 4.0. Don't get the cart before the horse or else you won't be able to go back to 4.0. This is VERY important. You and your friend need to worry about passing the tests in 4.0 BEFORE you transition. I would also suggest reading over ncarb's site and getting a better understanding of the fundamentals before you do something that you regret...
vrcat25

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION