Prometric rescheduled my test

Prometric rescheduled my test

Postby fgossage » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:13 am

I'm supposed to test tomorrow (Monday), and I received an email from Prometric this morning (Sunday) saying this:

Dear Candidate,

Please be informed, your testing appointment scheduled with Prometric had to be rescheduled due to center environment issue.

Prometric had sent you an automated voice message in addition to this email and had scheduled your exam to the next available date. An email confirmation has been sent with the new exam details. If you are unable to test on the new test date, time and location, you will need to call our Regional Contact Center to reschedule. Contact details can be found on www.prometric.com/contactus.

While we do our very best to avoid any disruption to the appointments, from time to time cancellation of an appointment is unavoidable. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause you and wish to make the scheduling process as easy as possible.

Thank you for your business and best wishes on your exam!

When I go on my schedule on the NCARB webstie my test has been rescheduled from a month from now. Has this ever happened to anyone? Could this be an error? Did this company really reschedule my test from a month from now with less than one day notice?

They did not leave me an "automated voice message" and I can't contact them until tomorrow due to them only being available on the phone durning normal office hours.

Help?

Thanks,
Frank
fgossage

Re: Prometric rescheduled my test

Postby jrnycare » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:14 am

I just encountered the same issue and came here to see if anyone else has in the past as well. I first realized something was fishy when I received an email last night for an exam I was scheduled to take tomorrow at 9:30am. However, in this email it had a reminder/confirmation for my exam --- but at a different location, on a different date, and at a different time --- no notification of rescheduling or otherwise accompanied the email. I thought it was strange, but went to bed and woke up this morning to study in prep for my scheduled exam tomorrow. While studying, I received a call from an 800 number which I wouldn't normally answer, but did. The automated voice was a message very similar to what you posted. I checked my email and then saw there was a new email from Prometric with content the same/similar to what you posted.

I attempted to contact Prometric via the contact us page [as suggested on the call they said to go to the contact us page and find your "regional coordinator"], but was unable to find any phone numbers (they linked to the ncarb home page - not helpful when trying to contact prometric), so I resorted to emailing Prometric, as well as NCARB. The issue (among other things) is that Prometric rescheduled the exam date the day after another test I have scheduled, and in a location inaccessible by public transit. Plus, combined with work deadlines, an unexpected notice to appear for jury duty (the day after the "rescheduled" date), and planned travel, this rescheduling is going to wreak havoc on my pre-planned exam dates and order of exams (especially given the fact that in nyc you have to schedule 2-3 months in advance of the test date you want). Overall, disappointing.

Question for you or others: Were you successful in getting a working Prometric phone number? If so, can you share it? The specific locations I tried to call here in NY were all disconnected. Will look for other numbers after writing this post.

To Frank's original question: Has anyone else experienced something like this from Prometric? Can you provide insight into next steps/outcome?

Thanks.
jrnycare

Postby fgossage » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:20 am

I actually got to talk to someone on prometric's chat feature and they were overall pretty useless, they just kept repeating that the center was closed for 'environmental issues', whatever that means.

Where you also planning on testing at 1250 Broadway? This is super inconvenient for me as well and I guess I won't get a straight answer until I'm able to talk with them on the phone tomorrow morning. But at this point it looks like I'm not going to be taking my exam tomorrow.
fgossage

Postby jrnycare » Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:07 pm

Yes, same site, lab 3. It's unfortunate because I've had great experiences with this site in the past (best NY location in my opinion, based on testing at a few different locations). As noted, I sent an email to both NCARB and Prometric, but I'm going to call NCARB in the morning, as well as my luck at trying the local Prometric number. Despite going back and forth about tomorrow morning and what to do, I do not plan to show up at my originally scheduled test time tomorrow given Prometric's disappointing correspondence.

Good luck to you and if I hear anything further and/or meaningful, I'll share.

Curious... what location did they reschedule you to? I was rescheduled to Fair Lawn, NJ - which has never been a viable testing location option for me.
jrnycare

Postby fgossage » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:48 am

Mine was rescheduled for 1 Penn Plaza, which is a fine center I've tested there before, it's just at a time/ date that I can't make work.

I spoke with prometric this morning who passed me on to ncarb, then ncarb had me send an email to an address with an automated response... The whole thing is a mess. Nothing more deflating than being ready to take a test then having to wait who knows how long to actually take it.
fgossage

Postby jrnycare » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:27 am

A follow-up to this thread...

The overview: As of noon today, I have rescheduled the exam to a date and time that works, as well as two of my other exams that I had scheduled initially. Ultimately, I had to pay $80 for 1 of the 3 exams to be rescheduled. 2 of the 3 exams had no associated fee.

Additional info: In resolving the matter with Prometric, I asked what the center "environment issue" was that prompted the reschedule and they noted it was a "server" issue at the site. However, when I asked if the labs in the same building that are above and/or below the lab where the center is located were closed, they said no, they had not been closed. This didn't make sense if it was a server issue, so when I asked again if that was the issue, the Prometric rep looked further into the issue and shared that it was due to bedbugs at the center. It was closed because they had to exterminate the facility.

Btw, as noted, if any of you read this and encounter an issue with Prometric in which they have to reschedule your exam, but you've already scheduled in advance other exams (in my case I had 2 other exams scheduled in addition to the first that Prometric rescheduled), I'm happy to share what occurred in my situation, and what Prometric was willing/not willing to do... even though it was their issue that prompted the cascade of other issues. In all this, while the rep at NCARB was patient, I personally feel that NCARB was in no way an advocate on my behalf.
jrnycare

Postby 100pockets » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:13 pm

Wanted to add to this thread in case anyone else has to deal with this. My exam last week was cancelled due to Prometric closing because of inclement weather. The automatic reschedule was more than 3 weeks away, but I saw an earlier open date online (last exam and I want this to be over!) so I tried to figure out how to go about getting that date...Prometric does not make that easy! Their website "contact us" feature is useless and I even tried calling NCARB to see if they had a contact #. I eventually found their Customer Care phone # by calling my local Prometric and asking if they had the number, which they did. 1-800-853-6769. It took me a few tries to get to the right person via their automated system, but eventually I got a real person on the line. And the real reason for posting this, I saw someone above paid a reschedule fee - DON'T DO THAT. I had to repeat the situation, but once the operator understood that I had been automatically rescheduled due to a closure, she rescheduled me quickly and for free. She was efficient and super nice and made sure that I received my confirmation email while we were still on the phone.
100pockets

Postby Hopeful » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:54 pm

I was scheduled to take exam on Feb 13th but Prometric cancelled my appointment for bad weather and haven't rescheduled yet. I am waiting for their email to see when I can take it earliest. I had planned vacation right after my exam which I cannot cancel now.
Hopeful

Postby jrnycare » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:02 pm

100pockets wrote: And the real reason for posting this, I saw someone above paid a reschedule fee - DON'T DO THAT. I had to repeat the situation, but once the operator understood that I had been automatically rescheduled due to a closure, she rescheduled me quickly and for free.

That was me and at the time I had 3 tests scheduled in advance, of which one was canceled. They rescheduled 2 of the 3 (including the one that was initially canceled), but the 3rd one (either because the date was within the "31 day" rule, or other reasons - I don't remember now) they required to pay a rescheduling fee. Frankly, I didn't buy their rationale, was ready to fight the fee, and would not normally have paid it, however I also wanted to focus on the upcoming exams and not dwell on the mushrooming anger I felt.

Fast forward to Feb 10 when I was supposed to take one of the rescheduled exams and what happens? It was canceled due to "weather." The weather was miserable the day before, but on the actual test date it was fine. I have rescheduled it and hope for the best.

Ultimately, before my experience I hadn't heard of a test being canceled by Prometric and now I've had the _pleasure_ of experiencing cancellations two times over. Looking forward to getting these tests done once and for all.
jrnycare

Postby jrnycare » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:04 pm

Hopeful wrote:I was scheduled to take exam on Feb 13th but Prometric cancelled my appointment for bad weather and haven't rescheduled yet. I am waiting for their email to see when I can take it earliest. I had planned vacation right after my exam which I cannot cancel now.

They will send an email within 1-3 days of the canceled exam date with a new exam date. Call the number noted above to reschedule it for a date that works for you.
jrnycare

Postby Hopeful » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:11 am

Guess what I am suppose to take my rescheduled exam tomorrow and NY is getting 18 inches of snow tomorrow and my exam will be rescheduled again because of bad weather. Talk about bad luck ......
Hopeful

Postby Hopeful » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:10 pm

Well prometric did not rescheduled my exam even in state emergency here today in NY. Center is close to my home so I was happy to take the exam but the girls at the center were really mad and can't blame them.
Hopeful

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION