Tip: DRINK SOME WATER BEFORE TESTING

Tip: DRINK SOME WATER BEFORE TESTING

Postby introversed » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:48 pm

I just Finished up testing for SPD and despite sleeping well last night, I spent the first half of the exam feeling sluggish and groggy with slightly stunted cognition. During the break I had a cup of water and my mental energy shot back up to 100 percent within minutes, and I breezed though the vignettes like nobody's business.

DON'T BE AN IDIOT LIKE I WAS. Walk into the testing center properly hydrated.

(Fingers crossed on the results because I need to)
introversed

Re: Tip: DRINK SOME WATER BEFORE TESTING

Postby buckie06 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:42 pm

This is a good post. I like to keep a gatorade in the lockers and take huge chugs during my breaks. Keeps me hydrated and a little sugar kick.
buckie06

Postby rwwon » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:37 pm

Drink lots of water the day before, then some water an hour or two before you test. Use the bathroom right when you get there, then you will be hydrated, but won't need to use the bathroom the whole time you are there. Remember, taking these exams is similar to giving blood :lol:.
rwwon

Postby offpisted » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:10 pm

yep rwwon.... having to pee like a racehorse won't do anything for your concentration during the test. Happened to me on SS, not a good one to be distracted during! :D
offpisted

Postby schwalls13 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:49 pm

buckie06 wrote:This is a good post. I like to keep a gatorade in the lockers and take huge chugs during my breaks. Keeps me hydrated and a little sugar kick.

This is a great idea. A little sugar rush going back into the testing room sounds terrific.

I usually do some push ups too to get the blood flowing
schwalls13

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION