Did iDefy?

Did iDefy?

Postby iDefy » Mon May 23, 2016 8:46 pm

I think 2011ish, since I started preparing for the ARE, I slowly quit tv, movies, social media, social life and all forms of celebration in general, but I have logged on to this forum almost everyday. I have seen people announce their 'pass and done' postings, it all seems like a half-awake-dream sort of experience. I am 43, my kids (18 and 14) can't remember the time before I fret about an exam or mourn over a fail result. Whenever there was a pass, I found my husband and kids jumping with joy, but it never struck a chord with me. I just moved on with the rest. The world started looking different, what does it mean to be happy? I wondered. Deeper I got into ARE, layer over layer of studying, especially after a fail result, more fascinated I got about how much I don't know. What a humbling experience. The only people with whom I could carry a satisfactory conversation were my studybuddies, many came and went, I was blessed by some of the best 'friends in need'.
On Friday, I got my last BS result. It was a pass. Is the war really over? What am I going to do while my son is in swim practice every night? Why do others expect me to celebrate? To me, the real barefoot journey is all ahead. I wonder if I'll ever fit back in society.
Last edited by iDefy on Mon May 23, 2016 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iDefy

Re: Did iDefy?

Postby Coach » Mon May 23, 2016 8:54 pm

:D
Coach
Site Admin

Postby buckie06 » Tue May 24, 2016 8:42 am

"What am I going to do while my son is in swim practice every night?"

study for LEED of course............. :D :D :D

congrats!
buckie06

Postby tatamin » Fri May 27, 2016 11:23 am

Finally, you made it! Congratulations!!
YOU ARE MY HERO!!! Let’s celebrate!

-tatamin
tatamin

Postby iDefy » Fri May 27, 2016 5:37 pm

Thanks Coach, I am glad that I made you laugh after all those years of awful questions :)

I think I might fit in with other people soon. Today on my way back from work, I turned the radio on, it was awesome. I am even going to a picnic with my husband's friends this Sunday!

Buckie06, thanks for the suggestion, even though I think LEED is more like kindergarten star acquisition (kindergarten has a more transparent and non-commercial program), I will definitely look into it. I am thinking of polishing my 3D skills first. I'll keep you posted

Tatamin, thanks a lot for your kind words, they mean a lot to me. I'll celebrate when my effort provides shelter/comfort to at least 1 human who cannot afford the ginormous mansion that I am miserably working on at my workplace. Call it the NCARB bite, but I can't be a part of providing heat to open terraces anymore (#overambition) I'll report good news in the direction of this effort by next month.

Love you all!
iDefy

Postby fpr4 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:25 am

Congrats!
fpr4

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION